• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 68 Charger RT 440 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimDog

Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Ok everyone,

I'm about to make someone's dream come true.

I am selling my 68 Charger R/T project. After receiving assistance on this site I have decided to set the starting price at $18,000. Some people will think this is too high, but I had to start somewhere. Serious offers will be considered.

When I bought this car from my neighbor it was barely more than a shell. It had no drive train and no interior, so it will never be a numbers car. It is a true R/T 440, Auto, PP1 Red, Vinyl top delete, Stripe delete, non A/C, 323 SureGrip. I have purchased loads of parts for it but still do not have everything to complete it. It does have a Clean Clear Oklahoma title, the original VIN plate, fender tag and core support. The car has not been modified away from factory specs yet. I was planning on doing a mild resto-mod but my life direction has changed. I want to sell this as a package deal.

List of what I have for it:

Complete original shell with hood, doors, fenders, trunk lid, grill, dash and most if the trim pieces
Original glass except for the windshield
Original K member with suspension.
Front buckets, rear seats and console from a 2007 Charger RT (Leather)
2 rear ends from what I think to be a C body which I planned on modifying one to fit. 1 with 323 gears and a 489 housing with a brand new SureGrip unit and rebuild kit from Dr. Diff. The other has 742 chunk and 293 gears(They were both open diffs when I got them).
New Full AMD left quarter
New quarter skins for both sides (came with the car)
New trunk pan
New US Car Tool frame connectors
New rear frame piece that goes behind the rear valance
New rear lower valance
New rear lower valance corners
New trunk extensions
New fuel tank
New fuel filler tube (original included also)
New window fuzzies
Complete setup for disc brakes 13.2 front and 11.8 rears
New Unisteer Rack and pinion steering setup with pump and accessories.
Steering column (no steering wheel)
RT Gauge cluster with tic-toc-tach
One front bumper
Two rear bumpers
New 28" TriFlo Aluminum radiator from Eastwood.

Two 727 Transmissions. One from the RV with the funky tail housing and one that is 1968 date coded. A Hughes 2500 stall torque converter and balanced flex plate. I also have an original transmission cross member.

Engine (currently at the machine shop)
1978 440 RV block with 60k miles
New Speed Pro Pistons (will bring compression ratio to near 10.0-1)
Aluminum aftermarket heads 2.140/1.81 valves and gasket match porting
New custom aluminum valve covers
Original crank and rods
New Comp adjustable roller rocker assembly 1.5-1 ratio
New push rods
New Comp Cams XE274H hydraulic flat tappet
New Edlebrock Performer dual plane intake manifold with valley tray
New Melling oil pump
New aluminum water pump and housing
New 1 7/8 long tube headers
New oil pan with pickup and windage tray

This engine combination should produce around 480hp naturally aspirated. All work is being done by the machine shop as a long block.

I'm sure there are more parts I am forgetting but this should be enough to get a base value of what I have.

IMG_20160916_125313288_HDR.jpg IMG_20160916_125259489_HDR.jpg IMG_20180317_173544.jpg IMG_20180320_184354043.jpg

Willing to take offers! Fire away!

I have a line on a January 68 date coded 440 HP. The car has a July 68 manufacture date. If I were to purchase this and add it to the deal instead of the 440 RB would it make this a better deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back