• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger-what are these brackets for?

Bob Sawyer

Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone identify these brackets?

20190716_191144.jpg

My first guess is hood pin mounts.

I first answer is NO!! No hood pins on 68 Chargers.... Chrysler didn't clutter those beautiful lines with gimmicky stuff...

Probably for the grill but it's been to long since I worked on a 68 Charger grill & I don't remember.. Someone will know..

Non a/c car. No hood pins. I've reviewed my 20 + pins of the grill, but I can't seem to locate them. Not saying they're not there, but I can't see them.
Anyone else??

I first answer is NO!! No hood pins on 68 Chargers.... Chrysler didn't clutter those beautiful lines with gimmicky stuff...

Probably for the grill but it's been to long since I worked on a 68 Charger grill & I don't remember.. Someone will know..
Uh, I realize that.
I said it was a guess, not correct.

Those are the corner mounts for the headlight frame assembly just inside the front bumper...
my 68 charger has two holes on each side of the brackets for the grill to fender, behind bumper. thats what i thought they were at first, i just installed mine a week ago. unless some are different.
20190717_114150.jpg

Front bumper stabilizer brackets. They attach to the inside of the front bumper at each end.

Auto Transport Service
Back