• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet 440 HT Rear glass interior lower trim problem.

revel68

Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Hi. We are having difficulties understanding the rear inside lower window trim. I have an image helping to illustrate whats going on.

We bought new trim and had the glass professionally installed and now we are not sure how to get this on.

From what we can tell it has a section that presses over the metal edge. But there is a load of glass glue goop in there - we were thinking we could cut it out but to get enough depth a lot would have to be cut out and fear it would be too much.

Also the trim seems to float above the package pretty high. (see gap in photo)

A lot of this stuff is funky and we are having trouble figuring it out. Any help on this is appreciated! Thanks!

YYJaTHS

CoronetRearLowerTrim.jpg

15926E74-26D6-42AE-B904-FFE15DC83EAC.jpeg

This is the trim piece that goes along the rear of the package tray. It’s about 1” wide.
Are you installing the other pieces on to the correct area? They snap on to the pieces that grip your headliner.

It was supposed to go on BEFORE the glass went in. Dodge calls it a "dam" in the FSM. It clips onto the pinch weld and the lower leg of the "F" goes UP! Get one for a Plymouth and be glad you did..
beerestoration2019 3120.JPG

Plymouth one has a groove that the package tray fits into and then you install as one unit.

Yes, trust me I've been down this road.. LOL Staple it in place, so you can lift it up to cover the butyl and pull it back out if need be.
beerestoration2019 3110.JPG
beerestoration2019 3111.JPG
beerestoration2019 3112.JPG

Thanks! You guys are super helpful.
Thanks for pictures dadsbee
So that whole system will work on the 68 Coronet? awesome
Thanks!

Last edited:
I was just going through some of my parts and need some clarification.
There’s one full set of plastic interior rear window trim that has the “F” profile and goes all the way around the glass(the first 2 pics) and an additional piece that goes at the back of the package tray?(other 2 pics)
Additionally the straight one in the last 2 pics is probably a reproduction that needs to be bent to shape upon installation?
BAB88F59-B23A-4192-B0C5-AF6F16DA28E7.jpeg
329A38DF-B9F3-4041-ACBE-48ECF62B0383.jpeg
6E1B741D-DE95-45F3-A4FF-AB4AF77D6896.jpeg
15730EBC-0C9D-4B9B-930D-F25596F6A172.jpeg

I don’t do my own work, but I try to observe and listen. I had a new headliner installed 2019 in my T-3 69 Coronet RT. This was done with the front and rear windows in the car. We changed out the rear package tray board, etc., because the old one was brittle and cracked. We retained the original lower rubber trim piece. I had found an article describing how to restore and stretch the original lower piece. Unfortunately, that article is now lost to me presently.
My interior guy did a good job. We used the original lower and the corners and side and tops sold by Trim ??? Alliance, Ohio.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-1970-...XDasy&fits=Year:1968|Model:Coronet|Make:Dodge

My interior guy is Ben Jaberg, DJ’s Auto Upholstering LLC at 330-374-4048.
He is a very nice person and I’m sure he will remember me and my car and job. He could walk you through it. I don’t have his email, but you could obtain it and send him this link so he can see your project and materials.

And yes, I would be interested in purchasing your excess piece or material. Where did you obtain it from?

Best Wishes,
Dominick

If you are not going to use the old bottom center piece I will purchase it.
I actually have 2 of the oem larger profile bottom pieces in addition to the new straight one so I can let one go. Still have figure out how they all fit together across the bottom though and why would Dodge differ from Plymouth? My car isn’t here so that’s the main reason I’m having trouble seeing this clearly.
659DB393-68FF-4062-8772-9370FB9EE0E7.jpeg
6DD45562-D024-425B-A867-73A3E9CC8892.jpeg

Both of my cars are not here either unfortunately. I would like to obtain one of the OEM larger profile bottom pieces.
You can reach me at 330-323-9148 call or text
Or email me at [email protected]
We could talk, exchange addresses and make purchase arrangements.
Thanks, Dominick Olivito

Both of my cars are not here either unfortunately. I would like to obtain one of the OEM larger profile bottom pieces.
You can reach me at 330-323-9148 call or text
Or email me at [email protected]
We could talk, exchange addresses and make purchase arrangements.
Thanks, Dominick Olivito
I’ll get in touch with you tomorrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back