• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 coronet AMD quarters

XMAN JR

Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
So ordered the quarters for the coronet from classic ind. They are AMD quarters. I got the right side on. Made sure it was lined up right, the body lines, the whole for the side marker light. Did a lot of measuring on the original quarter to make sure. Started on the left side today & nothing is measuring up right when it comes to front to back. If I put the side light whole where its suppose to be then the wheel well isn't centered & the quarter scalipes ( I think that's what they are called ) The square body lines behind the door are further away from the door jamb. So I centered the quarter with the wheel well. Everything lines up eal good. The side light whole is going to be 1/4 in front more than the factory one & the square body line are going to be a 1/4 in back. I even measured both quarters they are not the same. I have used AMD quarters before & the were always nice & straight. These have a lot of small ripples. They are not full quarters. AMD didn't have them. These are what they call 80% quarters. They are going to need some work. lol

I can relate to after market part's. Same with my quarters as far as ripples and what have you in the molding process. But my marker lights where rite and the lines where good. But once block sanding and color blocking found out they needed filler every where to make them straight. Some times we have to do with what we get. That is the sad thing in restoring these car's.

AMD is getting as bad as Sherman. Sherman is garbage

almost 40 years in; I go into every build fully expecting to have to cut, slice, and modify, When something actually fits, it's a bonus........ ya gotta do what ya gotta do to find a way to make it work........today's parts are superior to what we had in the 80s and 90s; but even today's parts are usually "just something to work with".......... see my sig, the part about miracles

almost 40 years in; I go into every build fully expecting to have to cut, slice, and modify, When something actually fits, it's a bonus........ ya gotta do what ya gotta do to find a way to make it work........today's parts are superior to what we had in the 80s and 90s; but even today's parts are usually "just something to work with".......... see my sig, the part about miracles

I agree with you, but.....Sherman is a joke. Terrible parts. Rough everything, bad shape , length and fit.

I agree with you, but.....Sherman is a joke. Terrible parts. Rough everything, bad shape , length and fit.

havent used anything sherman in 15-20 years.......oddly enough, last time was a 68 Coronet......yes, miracles

havent used anything sherman in 15-20 years.......oddly enough, last time was a 68 Coronet......yes, miracles
You’re probably most definitely a master metal worker...

I have used AMD full quarters on 69 barracuda, 70 duster, 71 gtx & they all fit awesome. I didn't have to do much body work on them. They were that nice & straight but these things wow !

I have used AMD full quarters on 69 barracuda, 70 duster, 71 gtx & they all fit awesome. I didn't have to do much body work on them. They were that nice & straight but these things wow !
I think the issues e lay in whose making their panels now. I got a floor pan from AMD and it was great, but then got a driver side inner that was super bad. I suppose it comes down to consistency

Just to say I was told when putting this car together that just be glad you can get something that look's like it. That is an under statement. We have to be inventive to make things come out the way we want it. Good luck and don't give up.

Auto Transport Service
Back