• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 coronet project

Mighty

Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
New member here, signed up about a week ago hoping to get some ideas for my dads coronet. Original drive train is gone, brand new dana 60 with 3.73, brand new 727, bought a 69 hi-po stamped 440 6 pack motor then had it rebuilt, interior is redone and sound proofing on the floor. Everyone talked him in to selling the 6 pack and going fuel injected so it’s got an edelbrock flo pro 4 on it. I’m 36 and this is my first hands on mopar experience other than my 97 ram diesel. I’m more familiar with carbureted small block Chevy stuff. Had the car to the point 3 or so years ago where it would start and idle and he could drive it around the parking lot of my brothers shop but he was never happy satisfied with it. He kept the 6 pack air cleaner and I guess he wanted to be able to pop the hood and have everything nice and neat and factory looking and not have wiring exposed all over the place. He also wanted to add air conditioning so purchased all of that but that can wait for now. I was just curious if other members have switched to fuel injection on these old mopars and if so, would anyone be willing to post up some pictures of their engine compartments and how all of the wiring is laid out just to try to get some ideas. He also has a MSD box that’s never been hooked up so I have to find a place for that too. The computer is currently mounted on the passenger side kick panel area under the dash. He’s in his 70’s and has some back issues and has pretty much given up on it but I told him I’d come up 3-4 times during the week when I get off work and lay on the floor of the car under the dash to try to run the wiring for him the way he wants it but he’s pretty defeated. So if anyone has some tips I’m all ears. Here’s the car by the way. Thanks for your time
D0769783-2C1D-4964-907F-005443FB27E1.jpeg
D86E2CBF-507B-4320-B939-EDC15C731BD7.jpeg

Way to jump in and help your pops out in this season of his life. More than commendable if you ask me.

I’m not familiar with EFI on these rigs, having only carburetors myself.

But this place is loaded with experienced folks in about every aspect, option, modification or flavor you can name.

Hang tight, and I imagine someone will chime in with what you’re looking for.

Good luck on the project!
Nice ‘68 your dad’s got there!

Welcome from NM. Nice looking '68. You have all the good stuff already, just needs "finished" up. I would seperate the positive battery cable from the rest of those wires and put them in some plastic wire wrap. Get rid of all those zip ties and get some plastic loop connectors and attach it to the inner fender, like it came stock. Out of site out of mind. Maybe re route your spark plug wires around the front of the engine.
Just some initial thoughts.

Thanks guys, I guess I should have specified, that picture of the engine bay is from a couple of years back It’s basically empty again now other than the engine and some loose wiring. We’ve been tinkering on it a little bit here and there. I was just barely able to squeeze under the car on the floor and hook up the neutral safety switch for him and the last 2 nights he’s been trying to decide where to mount a fuse block he had made. He had it mounted right in front of the battery originally just behind the drivers side head light but it’s since been removed and he doesn’t know how he wants it. I almost thought about just mounting the battery in the trunk and buying a fake battery and putting the fuse box inside of it. Maybe a post in the air and fuel section would get more views or electrical and ignition?

This is the fuse box in question and the general area he had it for the first go around
7275B926-6CA7-4A58-AF34-A8928ACCC7ED.jpeg
51971BB2-5CF8-4B6E-90A8-6C2C1A3A7C10.jpeg

If the fuse box has a cover, I'd mount it under the battery tray. Orientate it so you can feel the fuses and pull each out to inspect when needed. There is the tar/fabric style wire covering available online and, in my area, CarQuest, that you can run wires through to keep it looking somewhat factory. If you're not pinching pennies, long wire runs, routed out of the way, covered n then shortened once routed.

Auto Transport Service
Back