• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet R/T NEW MEMBER

4speed68rt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
I am a long time Mopar man. I have a '68 Coronet R/T 440 4 speed, that I have had for just over 30 years, that I am finally working on finishing the restoration. I rebuilt the drivetrain back when I got the car in around '90, and haven't done much to it since then. Last winter I started "cleaning it up", and that has been ongoing off and on since then. I got the engine compartment cleaned up and tuned up first, and that led to cleaning up the body. When I hit it with the power washer alot of the ugly white paint, that a previous owner had applied, started coming off, so that started the process of sanding and scraping to get down to the original LL1 Turquoise paint, to get it ready for a fresh paint job. Next was the interior to come out, to get the inside cleaned up. Now its stripped down and almost ready for paint and fresh interior. I am going back mostly "original" so this site is a valuable resource for what is correct, and what other people have done. I look forward to hearing more...

1rzpun.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario.I can't wait to see pictures of your project. A '68 R/T is certainly one of the lesser seen muscle cars up here, for some reason. And a 4-speed car besides! I have a '67 R/T, 440 automatic.

Welcome... We need pictures... Looks like New Mexico is home... Cars probably survive pretty well down there...

Welcome from Alabama, 68 R/T's are real jewels, and hard to come by.

Love the 68 Coronet R/T's....pics please...:)

:welcome: The 68 Coronet is my favorite of all Mopars. Dad bought one new.He also bought my sister a 500 to go to collage.

Welcome from Pa.
Any questions, fire away.

Welcome to FBBO from Illinois. We're waiting for some pics of that R/T!

000000000000caaa.jpg

Well I'm getting bored of waiting so I went & found a picture of an LL-1 Coronet R/T..... Just need to add a roof & it would be pretty close

Or use a sawzall & remove the roof from the O/P's car.... Okay probably not....

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.16.15 PM.png

For some reason it seems they made allot of R/T convertibles in 68.
Anyone got numbers ?

P.S. While we wait for photos....

Auto Transport Service
Back