• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet vert.

Propwash

Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Hey fella's,

Found a few pics of my Coronet I thought were all lost in the flood a few years back.. Not the greatest documented resto, but I know you guys love the car ****..

The pic's go to show ya gotta start somewhere

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

About 2 years of eating Mac n' Cheese and Noodles In A Cup made it all possible. Got to travel the countryside pillaging junk yards, and got to know a lot of wonderful people along the way.

Can't wait to get the next project and do it all over again.

WOW ! .....two years ! ......Did you sleep any ?.......Man, You flew through it, I wish mine was going that fast,.....got any good Vert stuff left over ?

Yeah, I guess you could say i was a bit obsessed...or maybe compulsive :grin:

Nothing really left for vert stuff....Boy are those parts hard to find! A bit more easy now vs. several years ago but still. Honestly, the drop top stuff was probably the most frustrating stuff to find..Oh yeah, the power window regulators for the rears...wow..... 5 years to come up with those

that came out very nice. i have a 68 coronet convert also. how were the tops of the inner rear fender well area?

Had some issues there...Had to hand fabricate a couple patches and weld em in. I take it you had the same issues?

Beautiful, I've said it before and I'll say it again, `68's are the best, accross the board, my opinion of course.
You coming up to the Detroit area, prop?

several rust holes from being packed with wet leaves and junk for who knows how long

Beautiful, I've said it before and I'll say it again, `68's are the best, accross the board, my opinion of course.
You coming up to the Detroit area, prop?

Ditto on that Matt! ...Opinion of course (everyone put down their louisville sluggers)

I'd need to come on over to Motown..Check out that slick entertainment stand you created.. That cat you know from craigslist still got the 69'?
I've been so dang busy blowing money and time on installing an air compressor and all the piping/filters, i've lost sight of the real reason I'm installing it in the first place.....Project Car

On the bright side...i'm a prodigy with sweating together copper piping now after the latest project...You need a plumber? I'm your man. No clue how these people get away with charging $150 hr for plumbing work...well besides backed up toilets....I can see their point there.

Have a good one Matt

Ditto on that Matt! ...Opinion of course (everyone put down their louisville sluggers)

I'd need to come on over to Motown..Check out that slick entertainment stand you created.. That cat you know from craigslist still got the 69'?
I've been so dang busy blowing money and time on installing an air compressor and all the piping/filters, i've lost sight of the real reason I'm installing it in the first place.....Project Car

On the bright side...i'm a prodigy with sweating together copper piping now after the latest project...You need a plumber? I'm your man. No clue how these people get away with charging $150 hr for plumbing work...well besides backed up toilets....I can see their point there.

Have a good one Matt
I'm not sure on the `69 runner, I'll find out, I know he currently has 4 `69 Chargers and 1 `70, all projects and all for sale, I'll give him a call today.
Are you running compressed air in copper?.

Thanks for calling Matt..Really appreciate it.
Wish I had all those projects, sure wouldn't know where in the heck to begin though. Oh yeah, I would probably be out of a wife as well. Good/Bad?? Hmmm.

I am running copper piping, Type "L" 3/4" to 1/2" drops. I only have vertical 60 gallon 4HP single stage that runs 11.6 CFM @ 90psi and max at 135psi. Copper is a little more pricey than galvinized or black iron, but I don't have to worry about internal corosion and mineral deposits. Plus i think it's a bunch easier to sweat copper joints than dink around hanging heavy steel, along with threading/welding mating surfaces.

I did run seperate drop legs for Air tools vs. spray gun/media blaster. I did invest in pricey Ingersoll Rand Filters, regulators, lubricators, and air dryers for the system, but you know you get what you pay for. I have a Iwata HVLP spray gun set that I want to avoid spraying oil and water through if i can. I also picked up an Eastwood 100lb media blaster and tried that out yesterday on a set of 70' runner fenders. Worked great at regulated 110psi with 2.5MM nozzles.

Anyway, thanks again Matt...Take Care.

Auto Transport Service
Back