• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 coronet whisper switch wiring...

Malicious

Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve got the dash apart to replace the variable light switch, putting it back together and I’m lost with the wiper and washer switches.

So I have a bulk connected for the wiper switch, with one prong free. Washer button has two prongs and I have 4 plugs.

One is brown with white tracer, the other 3 are brown.

My diagram shows I should have an extra connector on my wiper switch which I don’t have - noted with a green dot.

It was working so I obviously worked out previously but it’s a major PITA reaching up behind the dash trying to find and trace these.

Can someone walk me through finding the correct wires?

2 speed wiper? Then you'll have an unused brown trace wire in the harness bundle, that would be used with a 3 speed switch. Should be 3 brown end connectors (one pair is just a jumper wire bundled in) and a brown trace with a connected jumper. The brown/trace jumper is unused on a 2 speed. Browns go to washer squirter button and a jumper from button to wiper switch.

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1968/68CoronetA.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks. I forgot to post up the photo of the wiring diagram I have. Worked it out but my wiper button is fubar.

Time to throw a wad of cash at year one. :/

Anyone know where I can get a washer button for a 68 Coronet? Nothing on yearone or classic ind :/

Yup just brought one. It’s a pain there’s no reproductions.

Auto Transport Service
Back