• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'68 GTX Fender Tag

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
Could someone be so kind as to decipher this for me before I get too serious and to insure what I'm looking at matches how it was built. QQ1, blue carpet, door paint upper and lower, headliner and seat belts, White upholstery, door cards and arm rests w/ wood grain backing panels. I can do '69 and up out of my head, but have never played in the years below. Thanks!
68vingtx.jpg

yours is similar to mine , first line RS23 IS FIRST 4 OF VIN NUMBER, 33 IS 440 ENGINE, 5 IS AUTOMATIC TRANS 727, 423 IS BUILD DATE APRIL 23TH AND SEQUENTIAL NUMBER.THE SECOND LINE THE AX 48 IS 323 SUREGRIP, TRIM COLR, PAINT COLOR. MY WAS BUILD IN OCTOBER 6TH 1967. HOPE THIS WILL A HELP YOU.

Thanks, just something I'm looking at. White vinyl top, arm rests and upholstery, blue carpet, headliner and kick panels. Just trying to make sure it's almost correct. Needs a lot of clean up, just wanna be sure I'm starting with something solid..

Hey! Congrats on the QQ1!. same color as my 68 X built on 6/21. I can only imagine what it looks like. How 'bout some pic's?

Like I said, just something I'm looking at and trying to get a fender tag decipher to make sure it's at least mostly correct. Too hard to find a car up North as it is, not giving it's location away with pictures of where it is. Thanks.

Not many X's around. never see them at the car shows near me. Only one I know of belongs to Mario
and he lives just north of me. Good Luck!

Thanks! Can you help on the tag? White vinyl top, upholstery.. is that correct? It's a smart looking car, but a bit of a perfumed pig at the same time..

S6C is vinyl blue & white
Y7 is White Top
S3 is a White stripe on the door/quarter

44 on bottom row should be redlines. Mine also has the exact same build date of 4/23.

That would be a really pretty car! Very classy.

I’m probably in the minority, but I much prefer 68 GTx’s over 69’s.

that’s a sweet combo

Auto Transport Service
Back