• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX Ignition switch bezel rant!

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
Bought a few parts last week for the "X". Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! Started going around and installing them where they belong. Got to the new Chrome ignition switch bezel and the durned thing went on two turns and stopped! Bought the stuff from Van's Auto parts. Tried it a couple of more times , and the same thing. Took out my Vernier calipers and measured the I.D. and it measured 0.922. Then I got my thread gauge and measured the pitch and it was 24
threads per inch. I then measured the ignition switch and it was 20 threads per inch. So with
all of this Bullshit, I realize that the real size of the ignition switch is 15/16-20, a standard size
thread and pitch (in America). Don't know who's making this **** but it's really pissing me off that all of the vendors are selling us junk with no checking for fit! Every one out there now is probably from the same manufacturer, so beware! Anyone have a correct spare? Thanks!
20220115_145502.jpg

Yep, it’s crazy how many junk parts are being sold today! When you call the seller about the problem they tell you they’ve never heard of any problems, yea right.

Last year waited 4 months for a back ordered part that turned out to be a POS…

Last edited:
sounds like you need the chinese ignition switch to go with it........ problem solved :poke:

It's nice to see these posts not for the OP's problem BUT for when I have perfect originals for $10ea and I have a guy say "You have 3 of these would you take a $1each since I can buy new ones for $20 each".

Called Van's and talked to Dwayne. Notified him of the problem and he is refunding the
$20.00 that I paid for it. Now I feel sorry for him because he's stuck with a bunch of
wrong parts! Anyway, just wanted to share this with everyone.

I hear you about the ignition bezel.

I bought a flashy new one, it would not bite enough to hold the ign switch to the dash....

Managed to find a original one on ebay in good condition and it screwed on and is now holding the ign switch rock solid.

Auto Transport Service
Back