• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

`68 GTX project car!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt1

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Real RS23 `68 GTX with fender tag still attached. This is a QQ1 over Light Blue interior, black vinyl top and blue horizontal stripe! (Gotta love the blue with blue stripe!) Console auto, no a/c, AM 8 track w/3 speaker dash(missing radio) and 3.23 sure grip. Original engine and trans are long gone and it currently has a `68 383 HP engine in it and incorrect 26" radiator.
A very good candidate for restoration as it is relatively solid considering that it is a MI car. It is not without rust issues and does need a complete restoration. I am going to start out rather vague on the info and pics but there will be many more pics available and alot more info later today. Car is located in the Detroit area. As of right now the engine turns over with a battery in it and I was told it was last run 2 years ago. Because a price is required in FBBO ads, I am going to say that I am asking $6,000 as is, with a non running engine as a roller. Today I will see if I can get it running and I am confident that it will run, price will go up depending on how it runs. If I get it running and am able to drive it, the price will go up again. I will say that if the car becomes a "lot driver" (it certainly won't be road worthy until the brakes, fuel system and electrical are gone through) the asking price will be $7,500. Will have a firm price on it later today.

Attachments

• IMG_7216_1.JPG
    IMG_7216_1.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 2,090
  • IMG_7217_2.JPG
    IMG_7217_2.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,107
  • IMG_7218_3.JPG
    IMG_7218_3.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,173
  • IMG_7219_4.JPG
    IMG_7219_4.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 2,100
  • IMG_7222_5.JPG
    IMG_7222_5.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 2,025
  • IMG_7232_6.JPG
    IMG_7232_6.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 2,024
  • IMG_7226_8.JPG
    IMG_7226_8.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,036
  • IMG_7225_7.JPG
    IMG_7225_7.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,027
Thanks for the tease. Hope you get it running.

You're welcome.
It is running and I am fairly confident that it could be driven onto a trailer and move around under its own power. Still a little work left to do on it but $6,900 gets it!
Also confirmed that it still has the sure grip in it.

Attachments

• IMG_7238_5.JPG
    IMG_7238_5.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,912
  • IMG_7237_4.JPG
    IMG_7237_4.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,907
  • IMG_7236_3.JPG
    IMG_7236_3.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,923
  • IMG_7235_2.JPG
    IMG_7235_2.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,929
  • IMG_7233_1.JPG
    IMG_7233_1.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,922
  • IMG_7243_6.JPG
    IMG_7243_6.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,896
  • IMG_7244_7.JPG
    IMG_7244_7.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,912
  • IMG_7248_8.JPG
    IMG_7248_8.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,921
  • IMG_7256_9.JPG
    IMG_7256_9.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,870
Glad to see it running. Love any year GTX but 68 my favorite. It's good that you tested the sure grip!!!!!

More pics. Wish the "JUNKYARD DOG" was 1/2 as solid as this car is when I started restoring it.

Attachments

• IMG_7227_5.JPG
    IMG_7227_5.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,835
  • IMG_7224_4.JPG
    IMG_7224_4.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,847
  • IMG_7223_3.JPG
    IMG_7223_3.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,890
  • IMG_7221_2.JPG
    IMG_7221_2.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 1,861
  • IMG_7220_1.JPG
    IMG_7220_1.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,882
  • IMG_7228_6.JPG
    IMG_7228_6.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,876
  • IMG_7229_7.JPG
    IMG_7229_7.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,849
If the new owner goes the 440 route(I would too) more money can be had for a running 68 383 HP engine to sell and recoop some of the initial investment for the car. All I'm saying about it. Thanks for your comments they have been really helpful.

running or not its still a good deal for someone and yes some money can recouped from the 383 good luck with your sale someones going to get a good deal if i didnt have so many irons in the fire i would be on it myself 68 is my favorite year from the 68-70 models i feel you have it really fair priced.

I will be changing out carb today as the one that's on it needs to be gone through and also hooking up an oil pressure gauge to get a better read on the condition of engine.

Looks like another great Mopar sale from Triple M sales.......Matt's Muscle Motors

Good luck with your sale...Great Price for a decent retso GTX. Wish I had the space/time.

Looks like another great Mopar sale from Triple M sales.......Matt's Muscle Motors

Good luck with your sale...Great Price for a decent retso GTX. Wish I had the space/time.

Hey Prop, that has a nice ring to it, but I did just start a new corporation and I called it Junkyard Dog Enterprises. Kept it rather vague so that I can include my carpentry buisness the same while adding this car related stuff into the fold legitamitly. Now I can right off some of this hobby, oops wait can I still call it a hobby?

Hey Prop, that has a nice ring to it, but I did just start a new corporation and I called it Junkyard Dog Enterprises. Kept it rather vague so that I can include my carpentry buisness the same while adding this car related stuff into the fold legitamitly. Now I can right off some of this hobby, oops wait can I still call it a hobby?

Ahhhh, Great Name and Congrat's!! Hope it pans out well for you. Has to be an exciting chapter in your life.

Again, good luck with your sale..Definitely a great project car

Does it come with any of the extra parts that were in the CL ad or did you not get them with it when you bought it?

It is a complete car for the most part and comes with no extra parts. It does run and the trans works as well. Good oil pressure, over 40 psi. Took a video tonite that I'll post up tomorrow.

no negative comments in the 4 sale section please
your post has been deleted

Thanks Moparstuart! I was going to ask if anybody had a flyswatter handy.
Here's the deal, yes I did just pick up the car locally off Craigslist. I was the first to look at it and why not as we all know 68's are my favorite and the car was 4 miles from my house. Nice guy owned it and has a long history with it, so it has some sentimental value to him, but he couldn't keep it for many reasons. I thought his price was a bit high for how it was presented and wasn't going to make an offer as it was the 1st day of the ad and I figured someone would want the car for more then I was willing to give. He valued my opinion and wanted to hear what I would offer, so I told him and he took it rather well and said he would get back to me if he didn't get any offers. About a week or more goes by and I get a call from him saying he has had 2 offers on the car, one for a trade he had no interest in and the other from a guy who offered more money but he didn't care for the way that guy was talking about what he planned to do with the car. In his own words the guy was a d-bag and he didn't want him to have the X. He figured it would be in beter hands with me and excepted my offer. I told him that because of my expanding collection of projects that it would be years before I would get to this one and that I would stash it away at a friends place up north until I could get to it. Before doing so I figured I would clean it up and get it running and low and behold it cleaned up good and actually runs and moves ok. So I stick it out on the net for what I think is a fair price for it, knowing that if someone were to snag it off of a great site such as this, that it would be someone who would appreciate it for what it is as much as I do and as much as the previous owner does. That's all I'm saying, 1 way or another this X will be restored back to its former glory and be enjoyed by many! Remember blue with a blue stripe on the fender tag! How kool is that? I don't need to tell you, you already know how kool this car is.
One last thing, I would like to take the opportunity to thank our new friend for bumping this thread up to the top a couple of times, maybe the flyswatter isn't necessary after all.

Damn Matt, if the underside rust wise is as good as what I see in the pics that's a solid car!! Even by our CA standards! Looks to be mostly there too. I'd offer to help rid you of it but I'm full at the moment! Haha! However, if the right 69 Charger comes along.... Maybe I should just put my order in with MMM sales!

Thanks Meep Meep. It is pretty solid but it does need a full resto. It photographs well, very solid for a MI car! Could possibly be one that you drive while you restore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back