• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX rear window trim dye

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
So I ordered these new rear window trim pieces from Year One and got them drop-shipped
from www.trimparts.com. Nice parts by the way! Only problem is they're black. I have to
paint them and looked at all of the colors from SEM Classic Coat and Color Coat. They have
a few close ones, but no Cigar. Anyone have any advice on a product and from who? Here's
a pic of the unbleached discolored area around back. Also, pretty soon I'm gonna need to
shoot my new center console and need ideas. Thanks Guys & Gals!
20210327_131740[2604].jpg
20210327_131716[2603].jpg

Let us know how they fit if you don't mind...the set I bought through Classic a few years ago fit like crap and wouldn't stay attached very well even with some glue.

It'll be a little bit because my Headliner is on back order.

So, I finally found someone who has an aerosol can of SEM color. National Parts Depot.
NPD. Turns out the color is actually a Ford Interior color, Code "V", 1993-95. Ford Lapis.
Yeah, you heard it right! LP-4219. $17.95/each, $11.95 ship.

So I went to Herb's parts and bought a rattle can of the correct (I hope) paint for my new black console.
The mini rant is I just paid $60.00 for two cans of paint. I guess I should be glad that I can get it! Between
Amazon and all these other places that sell things, We/I am making FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL rich.

Auto Transport Service
Back