• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Small Block

Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
wanted. Need a grille and a 150mph speedo. Doing a clone car out of a satillte so let me know what you have. I also need the small GTX emblem that goes on the rear tail valance on the right side. Email me as i hang out most times on the A body site. Thanks in advance guys.
Small Block

I know there is someone that has this stuff so i'll just keep it in front of their faces. I need em guys then i can start. Winter is approaching and i need to get started on it.
Small Block

I think some of the places that restore the gauges can turn the regular runner 120 into the GTX'x "15" (remember it doesn't say 150 on it)

I think some of the places that restore the gauges can turn the regular runner 120 into the GTX'x "15" (remember it doesn't say 150 on it)

Sadly, not all of it. The plastic lense is embossed on the inside with the numbers. But the actual cluster (that is everything but the lense) can be converted.

Thought i'd waltz on over here from FABO and see if anyone has scrounged up any parts for me. Not sure where else to go.
Small Block

The speedometer cluster it's self are completely different internally, if you want this to work correctly and read accurately you will have to have a 150 speedometer cluster or the guts from a 150 cluster,

I asked a reputable instrument rebuild shop about this several years ago and got the facts straight from them , if you could change over 120s to 150s, 150s wouldn't be as desirable as they are.
I sold one a couple weeks ago with a 150 lens and think I got two more in storage. I think they have the 15 lens on those, I will double check on this.

The 120 lenses can't be converted to 150 or 15 lenses, they are what they are, Sorry.

They also made two different lenses for these.
A 150 lens and a 15 lens, the 150 was used on early and mid 68s, while some of the late 68s and all 69s used 15.
The 150 lens has way too many ZEROs and looks like a solid row of numbers. Confusing, and you had to look at it too long to determine your speed. I think the Chrysler engineers figured this out after the production ball got to rolling and made the mid year change.

Come On ! , I know some of you Guys remember the "Pain in the Butt" 150 lenses.

Last edited:
I`ll stick with my original "Pain in the Butt" , too many zeros, 150 lens in my GTX!

If it's original to car, I can't blame you, I'm a die hard restoration freak, I had a 68 R/T with the 150 lens and I kept it original. even though i preferred the later 69 style.

wanted. Need a grille and a 150mph speedo. Doing a clone car out of a satillte so let me know what you have. I also need the small GTX emblem that goes on the rear tail valance on the right side. Email me as i hang out most times on the A body site. Thanks in advance guys.
Small Block[/QUOTE

Small Block...A 68 GTX a BITCH to find parts for :black_eye: i've looked for a grille for 2 years and haven't come up with much...good luck and Godspeed I'm jus glad my 15 speedo is actually usable!!! :grin: i've seen my share of clouded lenses. I didn't know it was that much different than the 12 lenses..:edgy:

If you go with the GTX grille, don't forget to get the hood latch release lever as it's different than a Satellite or RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back