• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 HP 383 &4spd

Fury Man Van

Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
I'm hoping to locate the original HP 383 and 4spd for my 68 Sport Fury the car was last registered in Minnesota in 77/78 it is a 68 Sport Fury Red Fastop with Black Vinyl Top Vin # is in Photo along with a picture of the car when I got it (I'm offering a reward for the two of 500.00 each)
20201008_125616.jpg
Screenshot_20210717-131403_Gallery.jpg

In 68, the Fury was a C body. You might want to try looking over there too. Good Luck

I thought VIN stampings didn't start until '69? 1968 used order #

In '68, the order number was used in the stamping on the radiator core support, and the driver's side trunk lip (hidden under gasket). IF the engine and/or trans were stamped (my understanding is many weren't) it would be the last 8 digits of the VIN used on the mating flanges of both the engine, and trans or bell housing - roughly behind the oil pressure sender.

What are your build dates?

A popular theory is that VIN stamping did not start until about mid way through production for the 68 model year.

What are your build dates?

A popular theory is that VIN stamping did not start until about mid way through production for the 68 model year.
I don't remember but it was late in the production,I do remember that. I'm thinking around June or July if I remember right

In '68, the order number was used in the stamping on the radiator core support, and the driver's side trunk lip (hidden under gasket). IF the engine and/or trans were stamped (my understanding is many weren't) it would be the last 8 digits of the VIN used on the mating flanges of both the engine, and trans or bell housing - roughly behind the oil pressure sender.
Would the shifter get stamped as well?

There's a car very similar at a scrapper's in FL.

Fast top, 4 speed, power windows, 881 blue.

Can't remember if it's a 67 or 68.

That scrapper sells cars if they have a title but this one doesn't :(

Does that say 25 produced?

There's a car very similar at a scrapper's in FL.

Fast top, 4 speed, power windows, 881 blue.

Can't remember if it's a 67 or 68.

That scrapper sells cars if they have a title but this one doesn't :(
Where if you don't mind telling me

Auto Transport Service
Back