• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 net inner door view

Aarons Air

Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
I've got a 68 coronet 2 dr i've been working on. My original drivers side door was badly cancered. And i wanted to save all the guts to put in another shell. Since this shell was trash, i cut a hole in the face, to expose the guts. This will allow me to get a better image of how everything goes inplace as i reinstall them, rather than trying to peek from the inside holes. Thought i'd post these pics to help anyone in need of reference.

20180313_165517_Burst01.jpg 20180313_165434.jpg 20180313_165233.jpg 20180313_165338.jpg

This is excellent. I wish I would have had these pictures a year ago. I did go look at a buddy's door but its hard to view some of that stuff.

I've got a 68 coronet 2 dr i've been working on. My original drivers side door was badly cancered. And i wanted to save all the guts to put in another shell. Since this shell was trash, i cut a hole in the face, to expose the guts. This will allow me to get a better image of how everything goes inplace as i reinstall them, rather than trying to peek from the inside holes. Thought i'd post these pics to help anyone in need of reference.

View attachment 582416 View attachment 582417 View attachment 582418 View attachment 582419
Thanks for posting this... very nice of you. Is it only the outside skin of the door that's bad, or maybe a little more? I have an extra driver door that has an EXCELLENT skin, but it's rusted just on the bottom of the door. I considered trying to repair just the bottom, but I found another even better door. Let me know if the skin would help you.

Thanks for posting this... very nice of you. Is it only the outside skin of the door that's bad, or maybe a little more? I have an extra driver door that has an EXCELLENT skin, but it's rusted just on the bottom of the door. I considered trying to repair just the bottom, but I found another even better door. Let me know if the skin would help you.
Thank. But its a gonner. And i have already bought 2 rust free door shells.

Auto Transport Service
Back