• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 R/T & 500 taillights.

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
I don't want to remove a taillight on my 68 R/T to answer this question. My question, is there any kind of divider between the backup light and the rest of the housings. When I engage the backup lights it appears that the brake lights come on too, and when the brake lights are on without it being in reverse, all three sections appear red. If my rear taillight housings are missing something, I would like to know.

Yes, the divider is transparent red, same as the lens material, so light will pass through. I can get pics in the morning if you want me to.

Thanks, mine seems to have no divider. It seems I can stick a flexible wire in the backup light hole and it will go to the other side. Is this part of the lens or a separate piece?

It's a separate piece, flat and thin. Sounds like yours are missing, I'd think you could see it from the reverse light hole. I'll post pics in the morning. I have one currently disassembled on the bench.

It's a cool setup. With brakes on its all red, and then click it in reverse and the inners turn white.

Pics

C7DB24FD-30D7-4927-90EB-B25C734D0E9A.jpeg 68F5FBD0-1FA2-478C-B623-8C57A5560847.jpeg 5310B3BD-9B95-436A-90F7-C6768D5B98EA.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back