• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'68 Road Runner dash pics

dbc105

Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
I need some pictures of '68 Road Runner dashboards. I have a '68 Satellite that is about the same car as the '68 Road Runner I had growing up and I am trying to make it into the same car. it already has a 383, 727, Q1, vinyl top, blue bench seat interior, air, ps & pb. the only think my Road runner didn't have was the power brakes. I am working on the changes and today I removed the plastic dash overlay that was above the glove box and the radio cover and a small part on the left end over the a/c vent. it is all blue underneath but I am not sure about the trim I had to remove. does the Road Runner have the trim and if not what does it have above the speedometer to hide the gap & screws where it is mounted.

Thanks for the help,
DC

Here's three pictures of a 68 Road Runner's dashboard that I had on hand. Hope they will help you out.

Richard

1968RoadRunnerdash-complete.gif

1968RoadRunnerdash-driversside.gif

1968RoadRunnerdash-passengerside.gif

Thanks for the pics. Looks like the trim I removed that went all the way across the top and down the sides of the dash face is only across the top of the gauges on the RR and is all black where mine is polished stainless steel. only thing is, if I don't use it I will have to fill the screw holes that held it on.

DC

mine did not have a bezel exactly. the 3rd picture shows the trim that was across over the top edge and the one of the right side you can see the screw holes that held the plastic Satellite overlay and the trim was on top of that. the other picture shows my gauges panel as it sits now. is the clear lens part of the bezel and will it come and will the gauge panel come out without removing the lower padded part?

David

dash 001.jpg

dash 002.jpg

dash 003.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back