• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 road runner glass channel weatherstrip (door glass channel seal)

417guy

Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
Been looking for this...it’s the part that attaches to the front of the window, and moves up and down with the window as you roll it up or down. Saw a pair on eBay, but sold out. Have a pair on order from classic industries, but back ordered. Jim’s AutoParts shows it on their website, but I’ve tried to call all day and the phone is busy. Classic industries calls it a door glass channel seal. If any one has a lead on these I would greatly appreciate it.
image.jpg

The set of "front glass channels" listed will NOT work if installed full length as originals because they are not curved like originals. Original ones are very hard to locate with a huge dollar amount usually around 500 to 600 bucks a pair. A modified way to actually use the ones listed would be to cut (2) 2 inch pieces and install using the provided guides. I always use a soldering iron tip to melt a very accurate hole for the guides. This is totally incorrect, however, the (2) straight short pieces with the guides will be able to slide through the channel without getting bound up. And it looks correct. If you find originals, you can easily change them out. Good luck

The set of "front glass channels" listed will NOT work if installed full length as originals because they are not curved like originals. Original ones are very hard to locate with a huge dollar amount usually around 500 to 600 bucks a pair. A modified way to actually use the ones listed would be to cut (2) 2 inch pieces and install using the provided guides. I always use a soldering iron tip to melt a very accurate hole for the guides. This is totally incorrect, however, the (2) straight short pieces with the guides will be able to slide through the channel without getting bound up. And it looks correct. If you find originals, you can easily change them out. Good luck
Thanks for the insight. I was planning to change mine simply because I need to take the window out to replace the “nylon” button that holds the glass at the bottom and the the weatherstrip at the back of the window is half gone. Mine seem to be still intact and sliding in the channel ok. Would you suggest leaving well enough alone ? I appreciate your advice.

Thanks for the insight. I was planning to change mine simply because I need to take the window out to replace the “nylon” button that holds the glass at the bottom and the the weatherstrip at the back of the window is half gone. Mine seem to be still intact and sliding in the channel ok. Would you suggest leaving well enough alone ? I appreciate your advice.
I wouldn't even pull the glass out of the channel right now if I were you and take the chance on ruining your front channels. Pretty much impossible to find any kind of replacements right now.

I’m waiting on a back order for my 66 as the ones in it were too far gone to re-use

Thanks for your advice. I think I’ll try the weatherstrip on the back of the window with the window in place. As long as I can get to the part that ends in the door and make it stick .

It really depends on how comfortable you are to dissect your window out. Everything you describe that needs to be fixed can be done fairly easily if you carefully remove the pieces. I personally would fix all the parts and if your front chanel piece is intact, continue to use it. Please keep me posted.

It really depends on how comfortable you are to dissect your window out. Everything you describe that needs to be fixed can be done fairly easily if you carefully remove the pieces. I personally would fix all the parts and if your front chanel piece is intact, continue to use it. Please keep me posted.
Thanks for the advice. What you describe is my plan.

Auto Transport Service
Back