• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 68 Road Runner w/good title $600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Answer Book

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
It comes as pictured minus - back glass, rear bumper, back side markers, rear side pop out windows and all chrome removed, and a few things on the inside... basically if it could be removed with a wrench and screw driver it was removed... basically just a shell with a (non road runner) rear end. The vin and fender tag match with the numbers on trunk lid. It's a real road runner. The bad - besides nothing much there cept a shell - the frame is bad on drivers side front and the rear frame is pretty darn bad also and you can tell from pics the rest... the good - title and all numbers match ... if you want close up of the "other" numbers found on what's left... just let me know where to look and I will take pics... when I get back down there
I will post as many pics as it lets me then post more
also comes with the bare dash with vin still attached(never removed), fender tag was unscrewed but have it also

1015181323.jpg 1015181324.jpg 1015181324a.jpg 1015181324b.jpg 1015181324c.jpg 1015181324d.jpg 1015181324e.jpg 1015181325.jpg 1015181325a.jpg 1015181325b.jpg

I was worried about the last 6 on fender tag not matching just like this guy said in another post elsewhere......

**The VIN numbers and the Fender Tag SHOULD match in the last 6 digits...........somethin fishy here.**
then i saw a post after that ....

That only applies to 69 and newer cars
68 and older cars have the shipping order number stamped on the fender tag(not the VIN) and it is the shipping order number that is stamped into the body as the hidden number.
unique to 68, the 1st digit is the assembly plant,model year(8),1st digit of VIN, and S.O. number.(9digits total)

Paint codes are also different. The first F is the roof color, the second F is the body color and the 1 is monotone paint.
My book(Galens white books) lists that color as light green mettalic(code CAY2F3)

Matt could you post your numbers as they appear on your tag?
Or better yet a picture of them, or at least post them with the numbers that were above them.
Example, your paint codes would have been under the PNT letters.

68 and older tags are not the simple ones to decode as all the codes are numbers, so if you could put up your tag exactly as it appears then we are in bussiness and maybe some othere people could learn a thing or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back