• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 road runner.

Eric Pearson

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a couple of questions that maybe the collective can help with, the first one is: if your car was a radio delete car would it have a hole in the right fender for the antenna. and if it did what kind of plug or block off plate was used???? 2nd one is more of a request than a question. Would anyone that has installed the Classic air A/C system in their car be kind enough to share some pictures of the install in the engine compartment. I have a Vintage air system in my Duster and love it. But I do not like the way that they route the ac lines in the right wheel well. Thanks for the help!!

20210729_145017.jpg

There should be no hole in your fender for a radio delete.

No hole as Jerry shows and it's not "radio delete". They all were, until you ordered a radio !

so mine has a hole drilled in the fender. and it looks as if bubba did it. So I might just weld it up

No hole as Jerry shows and it's not "radio delete". They all were, until you ordered a radio !

Back in the day no radio meant drill the fender to put one in.

I think that anyone born after the baby boomers would find it hard to believe that someone didn't order a radio. I certainly can remember that a $10 to $15 option could be better spent somewhere else. Not to mention the really expensive items like a/t and a/c. Paying extra for p/s and p/b were not even considered. Those were the days when you counted every dollar.

I reinstalled mine just because it came with one, but I hardly use it. I'd rather hear the music coming from under the hood.

I think that anyone born after the baby boomers would find it hard to believe that someone didn't order a radio. I certainly can remember that a $10 to $15 option could be better spent somewhere else. Not to mention the really expensive items like a/t and a/c. Paying extra for p/s and p/b were not even considered. Those were the days when you counted every dollar.
Or, that $450(?) option for a Hemi!!

I worked with a guy in the early 2000s he ordered a brand new Ford Ranger and did not get a radio. It was still possible at that time to get a bare bones truck. Reason for not getting the radio? He said he would rather talk to his wife than hear music :rolleyes:

My parents bought a new 76 club cab Dodge club cab 1/2 ton pick up as a left over in 77. It had no radio and was a slant 6 with 3 in the tree. I still remember the radio block off plate.

I bought a new Super Bee in 1969. The dealership had ordered it for inventory. It had a lot of interesting options, but it had no radio. The salesman explained that when they ordered in "hot cars" (his expression), they never ordered a radio. The reason for this, he said, was that some customers preferred a rear deck antenna, which was not a Chrysler option, and a local fad at that time. If a radio was ordered, the front fender would be punched for an antenna. If I wanted the radio, I could simply pay the option price and the dealership would install the radio and put the antenna where I preferred it. We put a piece of tape on the rear deck where I wanted the antenna placed. Of course, the fender tag would not show the added radio, but in those days, no one was concerned about those details. I also paid the option price on the clock/ tach and had the dealership install it.

Auto Transport Service
Back