• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 RR Post Car Door Window Channel Question

Phil Sproger

Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
I purchased my 68 RR post car in pieces (live and learn :cursin:). Does anyone have pictures of the door glass rear run channel for this car? It came with several different individual channels (non matching) and have no idea which door glass channels fit this car. Thanks in advance for any help!

I purchased my 68 RR post car in pieces (live and learn :cursin:). Does anyone have pictures of the door glass rear run channel for this car? It came with several different individual channels (non matching) and have no idea which door glass channels fit this car. Thanks in advance for any help!

The roadrunner had the same issue blown apart and no bag and tagged stuff.
I used a picture like this one to figure it out. Turns out i had to find a driver door rear channel the one that was in the box of parts was for a 2 door hard top and the channel was wider. found this one on ebay. HERE

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
That is a left door track for a POST car.. Just making sure you have a post car. The 2 door hard top cars channel is wider. These are the ones that were in the box of stuff. The wider channel is for a 2 door hard top the skinnier channel is for a post car. I still have the wider one if it turns out you need it let me know. This is the driver side rear.

SAM_0011.JPG SAM_0013.JPG SAM_0014.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_1364.jpg

Thanks. I checked and have four different types of channels that came with the car. Based on the pictures, I believe the correct one is on the left. The problem is that I bought new windows and the skinny channels on the left side of picture do not fit on the windows. The new windows came from AMD and are for a post car. When I slide the channels along the back side of the new windows, they really bind up and get stuck. They slide smoothly on the original windows, but the originals have deep scratches in them and cannot be reused. I called AMD and they said they have never heard of this type of problem before. I laid the old and new windows on top of each other and the new windows have a slightly different bend so the channels bind up. Very confusing....

The AMD reproduction door glass is slightly thicker than the OE glass and has been a problem with people using the reproduction mylar glass channel runs that attach to the front leading edge of the door glass. I have not heard of an issue with what your experiencing, but could see it be putting extra stress on the glass if not properly aligned. One other thing is that you may want to look at removing the liner that is in the channel. They are held in place with two rivets. It appears that yours is puckered in several areas putting more resistance on the glass. Just remove, clean the channel and glue back in place so that the wrinkles are removed. If the flocking is severely worn, the channel run is reproduced which the new flocking will make it slide easier, but may be still a bit tight as it will not be worn.

I have a pair of rear run channels for a 69 post car, PM me if you need them

Here is a decent writeup on assembly. Yours will be a little different on the trailing end of the glass. You wont have the stainless glass edge. This is what the wider of the 2 is for and. Anyhow most of the other stuff will apply. And MAKE SURE YOU TAPE UP THE DOOR. I screwed up and took out a chunk of paint..

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=39415.0

Auto Transport Service
Back