• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 68 Satellite convertible driver's door vent assy

Status
Not open for further replies.

peabodyracin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
Need the driver's side complete vent window assembly for convertible. Needs to be for convertible. Message me here please.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Need the driver's side complete vent window assembly for convertible. Could probably use the door glass too. I'd buy a whole door if not too far away. Needs to be for convertible. Message me here please.

Thanks in advance.

The 66/67 2Dr parts are extremely close, the lower mount is different but everything above the body line is the same.... My original quarter window frames are severely pitted & not restorable, I did allot of measuring, the 68-70 2Dr has a different angle on the windshield, it's laid back about 1" further at the top but the 66-67 will work... Not a bolt in but pretty easy modifications...

The 66/67 2Dr parts are extremely close, the lower mount is different but everything above the body line is the same.... My original quarter window frames are severely pitted & not restorable, I did allot of measuring, the 68-70 2Dr has a different angle on the windshield, it's laid back about 1" further at the top but the 66-67 will work... Not a bolt in but pretty easy modifications...

Thanks for your reply! I'm not completely clear though. Couple questions if you would please:

1) Are you saying a 66/67 2 dr hardtop frame would work, or a 66/67 convertible would work for a 68-70 convertible? I've picked up a 68 convertible and it appears to have a 69 hardtop door installed on the driver's side, as the quarter window frame (and door glass) doesn't line up with the convertible windshield height or angle as it should.

2) Regarding the windshield angle being about 1" further back, is that comparing hardtop to convertible or the 66-67 to 68-70 in general?

Thanks again.

66-67 hardtop and vert are all the same and can be made to work on a 68-70 vert....

OK, thanks. I'm clear now. That should make life easier. Thanks much!

1 Wild R/T has pointed out 66-67 2 dr hard top or convert can be made to work, so I'd be glad to purchase one of that vintage should someone have one to part with. Found door glass. Thanks again!

And since I was at my shop today I took a photo so you can see the different mount which will need to be modified to work..
IMG_4457.JPG

On the left side the angled rectangle hole needs to be converted to a slot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back