• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 srt

Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking at dropping a 6.1 or a 6.4 hemi in a 68 charger any tips or advice?

As far as the engine goes, it's a pretty straight forward swap if you use the engine mounts from TTI, also their headders. What trans are ya gonna use, 904. 727. a518, 545rfe, stick? What efi controller, fast, aem, mega squirt, or factory stuff? What fuel pump, internal or external, also regulator?

I need to know these answers to better help ya. The more info you provide, the better everyone here can help. So if ya gotta plan, spill it, if not we are hear to help.

Tip #1 make sure you go through those heads and make sure the valve seats are done right! (instead of epoxied in like all stock heads! lol)

I have never heard of the seats being epoxied in on stock heads, thats new to me.

okay yeah i dont have a full plan yet,as far as geting it set in there and mounted is that real difficult? thanks for your help

Just get the mounts from TTI and the poly loc isolators from shumacher creative services. Or use the stock style isolators from your local auto parts store. You will need to get a oil pan (mid sump and pick up tube) charlies, milodon, stephs, they all make them. Then it'll drop right in. This is assuming your using a stock k-frame??

Yes the valve seats are epoxied in, I have seen several 5.7's grenaded from seats coming out of head, BOOM, windowed blocks and your day is ruined! do a search on them most I have seen were on 04-06's (for some reason mainly Durangos!?) with around 80,000 miles. I own a Towing & Automotive repair shop and I have towed more than a handful over this past year that all had the same failure! I did not really think of it as a big problem until I did a search on the internet and found countless people reporting the same problem.

No ****, I didn't know that was any kind of issue.

I am doing it right now with a 6.1 in my 68 Charger, I got rid of the K Member and went with RMS AlterKtion... BOUCHILLION Performance was the choice I made Randy was a big help in me making my decisions...

Auto Transport Service
Back