• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Super Bee project

WesleyK

Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been meaning to do one of these for my Bee since I got it but haven't got around till now. I've had it about 3 1/2 years. Car is a 383/4spd in Y2 yellow, black interior. Car came with a 69 stripe, and a flat hood. I have a nice bulge good for it though. Alot of these pics are a couple years old so I'll be posting more in the days to come to get it to where it is now. But so far it's been a lot of metal work. New quarter skins, floors trunk floor, fenders, doors and trunk lid are all done and in epoxy. The cars was painted like 4-5 times so the paint was crazy thick not to mention massive amounts of bondo over rust in places. But so far so good, it's getting there.

15813247810_53a9891121_o.jpg 15329584534_daa4cde29a_o.jpg 15949896781_7b717d8863_o.jpg 15949896141_7b7816ed38_o.jpg 23787974264_64e28c3d4a_o.jpg 24333706031_ebac641037_o.jpg 23787978414_655b19d635_o.jpg 24307930312_1c05fe7eb1_o.jpg 24120580280_92830e203b_o.jpg

Last edited:
I need to mention some of the pics show old "repairs" that I found under layers of bondo. Then we're of course cut out and done correct. I'm doing all the work myself with a little help from the wife every now and then.

Welcome to the madness . . . pick a spot to work on, dive into it, work on it till you get it the way that you want it done ( right ), then move on to the next area . . . Don't look at the "whole" picture at once as it can become a but intimidating . . . soon you'll look back and see a bunch of stuff done on the car and get to smile to yourself on the your progress . . .

Most of all, ask the members if you have questions, they're more than willing to jump in and give advice, and have fun in this madness . . . ( smile )

Howdy from Oregon. Looks like it is super saveable and a 4spd to boot. Will be a fun car when done. Good luck with it and start a build thread.

Thanks guys, yeah I've defiantly had to keep focused. The car is ready for rotisserie at the moment. It takes a while saving money and then doing the work on It yourself but I know when it's done it'll be worth it. I'll post some more pics tomorrow and try and get it to the point it is now.

Welcome from Ohio- I like that car!

Both quarters were solid bondo from the top of the wheel well down haha. Skins welded on with new outer wheel housings. Slicked all welds and everything epoxied. Stripping all the layers of paint back down to fresh metal is time consuming but necessary to make there's no surprises haha.

IMG_0193.JPG IMG_0207.JPG IMG_1513.JPG IMG_1550.JPG IMG_1554.JPG IMG_1556.JPG

Last edited:
I really love the 68 69 Bees and that color is great! Looks like a fun project and I am a bit jealous of your spacious garage. Keep up the good work.

You have room for a couple more cars. Looks like the kids love Dads car too!! They are gonna need one someday...

The daughter says "it's mine"!!

I really love the 68 69 Bees and that color is great! Looks like a fun project and I am a bit jealous of your spacious garage. Keep up the good work.

"Spacious garage" is an understatement to say the least - don't know what I'd do if every time I moved I didn't bump something and knock it over . . . ( sigh )

Haha yeah my shop is a blessing I'm not gonna lie. But it has to have a purging every couple months because the junk piles up. And both of my kids are all about Mopars. Me and my son drove up to the Nats this year and he was going nuts. I have a Plymouth TrailDuster also and they're always changing which one belongs to who. So I guess I'll drive em while they're mine haha.

be glad...I've got two daughter's. and neither give a hoot for mine, other than they like it because it's mine. But I won't be cold and it will be on e bay.

Auto Transport Service
Back