• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 super bee stripe confusion

All4rocks

Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
I am getting ready to put the graphics on my super bee and am confused about the ones on the tail light panel. In pictures some have the center black out, some have blacked out perimeter and some have no blackout at all. Are all
DSC_3484.jpg
1968-dodge-super-bee-2.jpg
photo7 (1).jpg
of these correct and it was just an option?

All three pictures you posted have it in body colour! .. other than the silver car I guess has black perimeter.

Body color in the center,,, guaranteed. Silver one is correct.

Yep. silver car (and of course, the original ad) show it correctly. I've had two, both were original paint and both were like that.

BTW, despite whatever tail stripe color I've ever seen, the blackout around the tail lights has never been anything else except black. Looks kinda funny with red or white bumblebee stripes.

Last edited:
I realize that this thread is old, but the Sunfire Yellow one was mine. I restored it back in the 90s. It was an original paint car from San Luis Obispo CA. When I had it painted I thought the black around the rear panel had been rattle canned. I was wrong. It was even underneath the trim mldgs. Back then info was scarce.

Devin Duke
McMinnville OR

Auto Transport Service
Back