• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Superbee Front Frame Repair

Go Fly

Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
Couple of bad spots I am getting to front frame rail just in fronton the A arms.

Surgically removed the bad area and need some clues on what the internal bracee looks like, theads, ECT.

Must be were the bumper bracket mounts to?
20161221_113023.jpg

Nope, not for bumper brackets. Just a hole with an internal brace...
Charger26.jpg

Yeah, your bumper brackets mount to the two holes just to the right of the cutout in your photo. There are numerous internal brackets inside the frame rails both front and back that are there to stiffen the frame structure.

Are there any drawings I can reference to make sure I reproduce the internal bracket properly? Think I can figure it out. Might as well replace it while the frame is open. Weird the other side has the same thing going on but the rest of the frame is solid.

Are there any drawings I can reference to make sure I reproduce the internal bracket properly? Think I can figure it out. Might as well replace it while the frame is open. Weird the other side has the same thing going on but the rest of the frame is solid.
Maybe the engineering drawings show them but good luck on finding them......Only a few people have some of those drawings...

You may try going to the build section here. Then ask some of those people if they have a picture or can take a picture of what you need.

I believe that hole and extra stiffening bracket is there for chain tie down hook, for when the cars are transported to dealers.

That is really interesting, thanks.

Getting ready to reproduce. Some info if it helps anyone.
20161221_145719.jpg

20161222_121515.jpg
20161222_121446.jpg
Getting ready lto close up the other side. Just opened it up to get the new bracket welded to the patch.

Since the hole was for transportation purposes to the dealerships in 68 anyone object if I don't put the hole back in?

Just as long as you understand, the Purists out there are going to insist your car be put in the Modified Class for Judging at shows!! LOL:rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back