• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 69 440 crank

Status
Not open for further replies.

s/w theo

Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I believe this crank is from a 69 Super Bee. It's been so long I'm not positive. It is a forged steel crank w/manual trans. pilot bushing hole. I also think it has the original journal sizes. Mains & rod journals were measured with a dial caliper roughly 2- 7/16" rod & 2- 11/16" mains. Needs to be cut (see pics.) $125 you come & get it. Also have new in package, torsion bar seals & locks $25. Any interest?

DSC00375.JPG
DSC00374.JPG
DSC00374.JPG
DSC00373.JPG
DSC00372.JPG
DSC00372.JPG
DSC00380.JPG DSC00379.JPG

I'm struggling with the forged assessment. Looks to be cast from my seat. Agree with the 4 speed pilot bushing being there. Can someone educate us on the use of forged cranks on a RB?

I believe forgings have rounded crank throw edges as opposed to castings which have sharper edges, & the parting line is much wider on a forging. That is how I tell them apart right away, plus it's a late 60s 440 crank & I'm pretty sure they were ALL forged cranks. I will post better pics. of it later today, they are pretty crappy huh!

much better, now that looks like a forged crank!

I'm quite the photog huh! Price of crank is negotiable too, I just want to be rid of it & tired of moving it around.

That's a forged crank for sure.

Torsion bar locks & seals are sold. Crankshaft still for sale, make me an offer!

I'm in Fairless Hills. 2 mins. from Rt.1. Did I meet you at Bryan's picnic Saturday? I've seen your avatar on the site a lot.

I'm in Fairless Hills. 2 mins. from Rt.1. Did I meet you at Bryan's picnic Saturday? I've seen your avatar on the site a lot.
Duh! hit me in the head with a brick. You spent some time with my dog, Clyde. Checking to see if someone I know found a crank.

I thought I might have met you. My memory for names is pretty bad some times. I will have to look at the pics. Bryan posted and try to guess who you are by that. Did you drive the Challenger & Clyde was the little dog?

Clyde was the little Crested. I was the guy recovering from Hernia surgery and not moving as fast as the rest of you guys!

Got it. I'm looking for the pics from the picnic to pick you out of the "line-up". I'm the tall bald headed guy in the pictures.

cda71b53-1536-422a-bc0c-46a1dd3a7d1a-jpeg.jpg

Here we are: Bryan on the left, then Matt, Hawk, Jim, Tony, Ken, Ted and Wayne. The weather was perfect and the tales were flying. Thanks to everyone for coming! Hope that you had as much fun as we did. We hope to host this carbecue on an annual basis (this was the third one after a few year hiatus.

Thanks for sending this picture. I must have not stored it, not very good with computers. That's me in the back 7th from the left. Are you dead center, in front with the blue shirt on?

Thanks for sending this picture. I must have not stored it, not very good with computers. That's me in the back 7th from the left. Are you dead center, in front with the blue shirt on?
That's me, the round one. Still thinking about that sweet pre bloated era Dakota. Having a red one with a 400 hp 408! Just remembered, this is a for sale thread. Sorry mods!

I remembered correctly. I'm glad I went. It was very cool to meet all of you, I don't go too many places anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back