• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69&70 Dodge Charger fenders modifications

Mopar7006

Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone ever taken a pair of 69 Dodge Charger fenders and modified the front of them to work with a 70 Dodge Charger? I have a passenger fender that is pretty banged up and I refused to pay $1400 for a decent one. Thought of buying a AMD fender for a 69 and cutting the front nose portion off and replacing it with the front my 70. Anyone ever done this? I haven’t really measured it yet or laid it out this is me thinking while at work lol. If it doesn’t work I’m just going to buy fiberglass fenders rather not but where I’m at with my project.

Not going to work.. 70 fenders are wider than 68/69 fenders. They look similar but are different in many areas (not only the outer skin but also the inner structure).

Not going to work.. 70 fenders are wider than 68/69 fenders. They look similar but are different in many areas (not only the outer skin but also the inner structure).
Thanks for the info. I guess fiberglass it is

I believe the 70 Charger is unique to itself. 68-69 body parts won't work. 440'

I believe the 70 Charger is unique to itself. 68-69 body parts won't work. 440'
I knew the front section where the bumper mounts is unique I was hoping to get away with possibly splicing that front section in but what I’m being told is the whole fender itself is completely different

I knew the front section where the bumper mounts is unique I was hoping to get away with possibly splicing that front section in but what I’m being told is the whole fender itself is completely different
Just different enough that it wont be easy to make work, if at all.

Hopefully one day AMD will decide to make 70 fenders

Auto Transport Service
Back