• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 alternator

Stucat

Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct alternator part number for a June build 440 4 speed car? thanks

It should be a single field, single groove for your application. If you have your build sheet it may list the last digits of the part number. Casting dates will be earlier than assembly date. Both halves need to be close to each other. I’m very familiar with St. Louis built in 70 , just trying to help.

no build sheet, single field and pulley yes, just can't find what the part number would be stamped on the unit. build date would be like week 12thru20 of 69?

Yes it would be stamped on the unit. There generally three sets of numbers on the pad on the rear half of the case, part number, vendor and assembly date.

just don't know what part number to look for

Not for 69, 70 yes. You could contact Jim Ridge at Dixie Restoration and he maybe able to help you but I do believe he is getting ready to retire.

Surely someone could look in a '69 parts manual... if I ever get my Corp taxes off my kitchen table I may just make it to the shop to do so at some point..

Here's the part numbers.

Alternator only.... pulley part #... and assembly part number. There is an obvious error on the 46A assembly as they give the same part # in both 1968 and 1969 for the 2.5" and 3" pulley assemblies, yet show different part #'s for the pulleys as should be.

alternator 001.jpg

alternator 003.jpg

Thanks for the info. Looks like #2875724 with double grove would be an a/c car? mu car non A/C so 2098850 would be correct. thanks again, that's what's great about this sight. So one out there has the info and maybe the parts. BE SAFE IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE

Auto Transport Service
Back