• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 B Body Alignment Specs.

mrhemi

Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
Apologies if the query has been answered previously, however a search did not come up with the exact question.

I have just replaced the rear springs and torsion bars on my '69 Charger R/T. Will be setting the ride height to stock specs and getting an alignment done. All suspension components are stock with only about 18000 miles on them. I realize the current thinking is to get as much caster into it as you can, especially if using radial tires. Now I just noticed that the FSM manual lists a different caster spec for manual steering (-1/2 deg.) as opposed to power steering at (+3/4 deg.). I do not know what it was aligned to previously.

Is there any reason not to adjust to maximum positive caster with the manual steering? I assume the original thinking was to make it easier to armstrong the steering wheel. The car will normally be on P255/60R-15 radials on 8" rims. Occasionally will be fitted with stock F70-15 redlines.

Thanks in advance.

Radial tires? If so.....I refuse to go by the book!

Radial tires? If so.....I refuse to go by the book!

Hence the question. But what about the difference between an manual and power steering box having different specs.?

I generally go with what makes the car handle better.....stock parts or not. Usually, stock parts won't give what I like but sometimes they will give what I want on some cars.

I think pretty much general consensus for a normal street driven car with radial tires. -.5 to -.75 degrees camber, 1/16” toe in and +3 or 4 degrees caster. Probably tough to get with all stock components unless you have the offset upper control arm bushings or aftermarket tubular or adjustable ones.

I think pretty much general consensus for a normal street driven car with radial tires. -.5 to -.75 degrees camber, 1/16” toe in and +3 or 4 degrees caster. Probably tough to get with all stock components unless you have the offset upper control arm bushings or aftermarket tubular or adjustable ones.
I rebuilt the front end on a Dart recently, with the offset UCA bushings I was able to get 7 degrees.... Car drives incredible...

NEGATIVE DEGREE caster settings? Gross.

My settings:

6* positive caster
1* negative camber
1/16 toe in

You wont get caster settings like that without aftermarket UCAs or the offset bushings, but the closer you can get to those specs the better your car will handle. It will surprise you...

Auto Transport Service
Back