• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 B Body Headliner Clips

jgmccrac

Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know how to best install these clips? I broke 4 of the 6 new ones I bought from Megaparts. As I understand it, these clips are pinched when inserted into the hole in the roof near the windshield. Any advice is welcome. The picture is just for reference...my clips are new.

Headliner Clips.JPG

I just straightened my OE's and re-used them without issue.. also looks like my picture borrowed and cropped.
beerestoration2017 1235.JPG

beerestoration2017 1074.JPG

Sorry. Yes. I just grabbed a pic from the site to save from having to go out to the garage and take pic. My apologies...

Question though...did you just use needle nose pliers to snap the slips into place?

Yep, just a pair of pliers. Stick them in the hole and squeeze BOTH tabs at the same time to spread the other ends in the hole, no issues. If they broke, call Jamie and I bet he'll send you new ones!

Those repop clips are too brittle...I learned the hard way as well. They break when you squeeze the tabs. Absolute junk that the vendors keep selling. I bought mine from RT Specilaties.....same issues. Your best bet is to find originals as far as I am concerned. That is what I did.

IMG_7022.jpg

Agree with dad, re-use the old ones if still have them. I straightened mine, pushed them in place and squeezed with pliers to spread the tabs.
20170123_192957.jpg

Those repop clips are too brittle...I learned the hard way as well. They break when you squeeze the tabs. Absolute junk that the vendors keep selling. I bought mine from RT Specilaties.....same issues. Your best bet is to find originals as far as I am concerned. That is what I did.

That makes me mad. Crappy product if they break like that. No problem with the originals using 50 year old technology.

The new ones are total junk. Reuse as many originals as you can.

That our just use pliers on each tab and move them each outward a bit at a time until the retainer comes loose.

Auto Transport Service
Back