• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Barracuda "S" value?

Hilljack68

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
For you guys that might have a good understanding of A-body values: I'm looking for a rough estimate on what this car is worth?

'69 Barracuda "S" 340 auto. Already restored. 73K miles. Sorry, that's all I know at this point.

1666120094931.png

One of my all time favorite cars

I'm not really up on values of late
they;
'used to be'
true bargains compared to 68-69 B bodies/muscle cars

was just looking on www.autabuy.com
saw them 'actually some nice cars, look to be well done'
notchback & fastbacks 67-69s, not all Formula S's
a few people wishing for way too much
or a rusted pile for full restored prices
a few convertibles, few were 340 cars, most were 383 cars
many were Formula S cars
from Low $20k to RO23 tributes $125k
I'd say mid $20k's to mid $30k's is about right
(pristine maybe in the $40k's)
depending on how it's optioned,
For the small block 340 cars on the lower end/even of the highs
BB cars are on the higher end, I could see $45+ easily restored/383 car

good luck

nice car
the car in the photo above, I don't see the 'Formula S' badge
in/on the lower rear of the front fender, usually

Last edited:
in the photo above, I don't see the 'Formula S' badge
in/on the lower rear of the front fender
The Formula S had the badge on the lower fenders in '68, but the 69's only had the badge on the right side of the tail panel.

1666180301399.png

Ok, a slight revision (I'm still learning)... In '69, there WAS identification on the fender, but is was "340-S" instead of the badge that graces the tail panel.

1666182860396.png

I'm still learning too... :carrot:

:luvplace:

For you guys that might have a good understanding of A-body values: I'm looking for a rough estimate on what this car is worth?

'69 Barracuda "S" 340 auto. Already restored. 73K miles. Sorry, that's all I know at this point.

View attachment 1359720
I thought formula s also had something on the hood? Other than a flat hood?

I thought formula s also had something on the hood? Other than a flat hood?
The 67's and 68's had the round badge on the hood. The 69's had a rib running down the center of the hood, so the badge was gone.

IIRC The 68s had raised bumps & 2 recessed portions with call out, with a trim piece
on the hoods for the 340-383 cars

1968 is by far my favorite
I actually didn't realize 68 & 69 were as different as they are,
very subtle but different

the 69's had the 2 scoops & black stripes 'cuda

68 Barracuda data book 340-383 Hood Exterior features.jpg

68 Barracuda Advert. #9 Formula S option.jpg

69 hood with scoops & stripes
69 Barracuda data book Hood 'cuda 2 scoops hood & stripes.jpg

Last edited:
1666359991277.png

Doesn't look like it has Formula S grille/surrounds. I believe they are black with leading edge of the egg crates bare such as this........

69 Barracuda Grille

1 of 1 came with a 5.7, very rare. I've only seen one in my life!!!
1666369954534.png

In 1969 there were four models.
1) Barracuda - 225 & 318 (not sure if any had 273)
All trim and brake options available, and fastback, coupe and convertible
2) 340-s - 340. Just E55 engine on fender tag to identify. All trim options available, generally not well trim package optioned, HD suspension, 8-3/4, and dual exhaust standard. 4spd and auto available. Silver grille, silver trunk panel, Barracuda and 340-s fender emblems. Available fastback, couple and convertible. Numerically more rare than formula s 340s.
3) Formula S - 340, 383. A53 fender tag. All the HD stuff. 4spd or 727. Black grille details, black trunk panel with 's' medallion. Side stripe with engine callout on fender. Standard Barracuda fender emblem, unless V78 stripe delete, then it got the 340-s emblem or 383-s emblem as well on the fender. Available in fastback, coupe and convertible.
4) 'cuda - 340,383,440. A56 fender tag for 340 & 383, A13 for 440. All hd stuff available except 440 which only offered manual steering and Non-powered drum brakes. Twin scoops, hood stripes and blackout lower body stripe/paint. Decal callout on fenders, Barracuda emblem on fender. Available in fastback or coupe.

Grant

In 1969 there were four models.
1) Barracuda - 225 & 318 (not sure if any had 273)
All trim and brake options available, and fastback, coupe and convertible
2) 340-s - 340. Just E55 engine on fender tag to identify. All trim options available, generally not well trim package optioned, HD suspension, 8-3/4, and dual exhaust standard. 4spd and auto available. Silver grille, silver trunk panel, Barracuda and 340-s fender emblems. Available fastback, couple and convertible. Numerically more rare than formula s 340s.
3) Formula S - 340, 383. A53 fender tag. All the HD stuff. 4spd or 727. Black grille details, black trunk panel with 's' medallion. Side stripe with engine callout on fender. Standard Barracuda fender emblem, unless V78 stripe delete, then it got the 340-s emblem or 383-s emblem as well on the fender. Available in fastback, coupe and convertible.
4) 'cuda - 340,383,440. A56 fender tag for 340 & 383, A13 for 440. All hd stuff available except 440 which only offered manual steering and Non-powered drum brakes. Twin scoops, hood stripes and blackout lower body stripe/paint. Decal callout on fenders, Barracuda emblem on fender. Available in fastback or coupe.

Grant
welcome to FBBO

thanks for that info

Thanks Grant. And welcome to FBBO! That's good information. I just came across a great thread over at FABO, that clears up the identification problem: (and, Grant, I see you were a part of that discussion)
69 barracuda 340-s VS Formula-S

The cars with the "340-S" emblem on the fender were plain 340 cars,.. OR... a Formula S car without the Formula S 'body/trim package". Those A-body guys were really helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome guys. Am a Mopar guy at heart hence my time lurking on this forum. I would contribute more, but am pretty much an a-body guy .

Thanks
Grant

You should join up on FABO. Lots of Barracuda owners and fans there.

Auto Transport Service
Back