• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Bee radiator questions

jt4406

Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
I have a 22 inch radiator (correct tank numbers for my 69 bee) that I would like to recore with the biggest available replacement core. Is a replacement with 4 rows of tubes available? Also when I recently recored an "055" radiator I had to replace the bottom tank to fit the 4 tube replacement. Is there a 22 inch bottom tank out there that a 4 tube core 22 inch core would fit?

These are questions you need to be posing to the radiator shop you plan to use, as they have the books/ references on 'parts' to re-work radiators.

I think you mean 26" radiator. The last numbers on the fender tag should be 26, which is the size of the radiator. The big blocks were 26", and small blocks like the 318 were 22".

332e_3-Copy.jpg

I think you mean 26" radiator. The last numbers on the fender tag should be 26, which is the size of the radiator. The big blocks were 26", and small blocks like the 318 were 22".

:iamwithstupid: Agree with 69Bee

Also, I don't think the factory EVER had a 4 tube radiator in a 69 Super Bee. It should be a 3 tube, IIRC.

332e_3-Copy.jpg

On a side note 69Bee, that must be one gorgeous R/T you have there. Sure would like to see it, but I'm really confused on the interior trim? Is it REALLY P6D? with the red exterior and upper door color too? Wow, that would be unique to say the least.

A 22" radiator was the stock size for a 383 auto/manual and 440 auto big block Bee. Options such as N51, A/C and manual tranny for the 440 increased the size to 26".

Dan

On a side note 69Bee, that must be one gorgeous R/T you have there. Sure would like to see it, but I'm really confused on the interior trim? Is it REALLY P6D? with the red exterior and upper door color too? Wow, that would be unique to say the least.

Not mine, I grabbed the pic off of the net as an example.

Auto Transport Service
Back