• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Bench Seat track issues. Help please.

Ron Ward

Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
I recently had the seats recovered in my 69 Road Runner. The passenger side of the bench seat won't lock into place, but the driver side locks solidly. Has anyone had a similar issue? It seems like the latch return spring on the passenger side has tension, but not enough to register the lock into the track. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do believe there is a long wire which goes from one side to the other which operates both track releases when you move the lever. Is that present and hooked up correctly? Has it been bent or something such that its not allowing the lever to lock?

I do believe there is a long wire which goes from one side to the other which operates both track releases when you move the lever. Is that present and hooked up correctly? Has it been bent or something such that its not allowing the lever to lock?
The wire is in place and functioning properly. When at rest, there is no tension on the wire. Thanks for the response.

Auto Transport Service
Back