• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 big block upper hose question

Steverino

Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone recently purchased a big block upper hose for 26" rad part # 2863257 ?

It seems they are no longer coming with the pentastar stamp ? only the part number ?

I'd like to get one with the pentastar logo and part number if anyone has a source

maybe a licensing issue (ie $$ issue)

thanks

Yup had the same problem. I purchased one from Mancini racing because they show the part number and logo on their website. When I received it and it had nothing on it, I called them and explained they have an issue with the picture on their website, was told yes they know about it. I think it is false advertising, just to get people to buy it, but it does not have any markings. They lost my business.

Last edited:
see what I mean
mancini-racing-upper-radiator-hose-210.gif
You will not get what you see in the picture. They were told this 2 months ago, still have not fixed it. Misleading the buyer.

I did call mrmoparts yesterday, they had one pictured with logo, and the guy I spoke with said it did have it, but I'm not sure he looked at a part, because today, their site actually has an updated picture with part number but no pentastar !

I may ring them again today later on

That is because the true original upper hose did not have a "pentstar"....The Lower hose did....For 1969

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...y-father-my-69-gtx-restoration.127388/page-35

These are not NOS hoses but new reproduction hose and the markings were removed and restamped with the correct markings. Plants had variations on stampings and these were stamped based on original Lynch Road examples...

View attachment 567065 View attachment 567066 View attachment 567067 View attachment 567068

thanks moparnation74

I may have suffered from "looked at too many pictures" , but sometimes the answers are deeper !

It is always beneficial to learn more about these cars !

thanks moparnation74

I may have suffered from "looked at too many pictures" , but sometimes the answers are deeper !

It is always beneficial to learn more about these cars !
No one will ever know it all and I agree with you....Questions like these prompt more questions/answers

No one will ever know it all and I agree with you....Questions like these prompt more questions/answers

Out of curiosity (and since my 69 is also lynch rd built), what is specific about the stamping on the lynch rd upper hose ?
And to clarify, were any 69 upper hoses (of the 2863257 in question) made with the pentastar logo ? or was the logo added to be correct for other years/applications ?
or perhaps someone just began adding it and it became "accepted" as correct ?

my car is non orig eng driver only but , the information is still fascinating !

Thanks for sharing the knowledge !

That's fine if they are restamped, but don't advertise that it has the logo on it, bad business, even after I told them 2 months ago.

Out of curiosity (and since my 69 is also lynch rd built), what is specific about the stamping on the lynch rd upper hose ?
And to clarify, were any 69 upper hoses (of the 2863257 in question) made with the pentastar logo ? or was the logo added to be correct for other years/applications ?
or perhaps someone just began adding it and it became "accepted" as correct ?

my car is non orig eng driver only but , the information is still fascinating !

Thanks for sharing the knowledge !
Has to do with the bottom numbers is the difference. Varied per plant....

Problem is people based information on OTC mopar parts versus true assembly line parts....There are many variations and only the high end restorers focus on these. It ranges from things like this to finishes and everything in between....Just because it is an NOS part does not mean it was the same as a assembly line part....

Also, the quality control on assembly line parts far exceeded OTC NOS parts.....

So when you see a correctly restored OE car these are the little things that separate them from the rest and only a few know of these things...

Auto Transport Service
Back