• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger Cruise Control Firewall penetration locations?

Brian DePouli

Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've secured a factory cruise setup with all the wiring and hoses etc. Can anyone guide me on the two correct firewall penetration locations. One for the wiring harness (I have the grommet) and one for the vacuum tube between the servo and the brake switch (I don't have the grommet it would seem).

I searched the forum and saw a location for later Charger wiring harness location below the main harness block. about to got check the car for a dimple in that area.

For the vacuum hose it almost looks like it comes up near the floor board maybe?

So I'm thinking I need to move the tach wire from the green circle to red.

Then cruise wiring should come through at green.

Finally vacuum hose at blue using the grommet in the second photo, does that seem correct?

IMG_20210711_121802~2.jpg
IMG_20210711_121913.jpg

the tach wire is right were it belongs unless those treads said different because of the CC.

the tach wire is right were it belongs unless those treads said different because of the CC.

most of the photos in those threads show the tach wire coming through at the red circle best I can tell. Something is coming through at the green circle but I cant really tell, thus I am led to believe it is the CC wiring.

do you have a service manual on the Charger?

Why do you want a vacuum hose going through the firewall??? I'm more familiar with 70-71 E-body but I'm thinking 69 would be the same & there's no vacuum hose going inside for the cruise...

Why do you want a vacuum hose going through the firewall??? I'm more familiar with 70-71 E-body but I'm thinking 69 would be the same & there's no vacuum hose going inside for the cruise...

in 69 there was a vacuum hose from the CC to the brake switch. in 70 it changed and there was no hose through the firewall

Post a thread asking who has a 69 service manual and then ask them if they could look it up for you. Good people here . I dont have one sorry.

posted before I seen your reply.

in these pics the vac line seems to go to the left of the starter relay not at the tach hole
index.php?action=dlattach;topic=114264.jpg
index.php?action=dlattach;topic=114264.jpg

the red one does show the tach wire on top ,it does look clean but I dont know if thats factory.

I believe your right from looking at the pics. Both show tach wire on top.

Auto Transport Service
Back