• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 charger door lock mechanism location

vabchmopar

Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
I can not figure out how to install the below door lock mechanism for the inside door locks. Does anyone have a picture of one installed. Thanks for any help I can get, out of my 69 charger

door lock.jpeg

That rod with the 90 bend goes into a plastic clip ,on the mechanism, then forward to the swivel which bolts to the inside frame , but put the machined end ,for the pull knob , up through the lock rod hole first & bolt it in place.

Also those are side specific ,& all you can really see is the head of the bolt.

I can't see where it bolts to the door frame. I have tried all the holes in the door but just doesn't seem to fit. I know the treaded end is for the pull lock, but where on the door does the assembly attach. I don't have the window tracks in is that maybe my problem/

I can't see where it bolts to the door frame. I have tried all the holes in the door but just doesn't seem to fit. I know the treaded end is for the pull lock, but where on the door does the assembly attach. I don't have the window tracks in is that maybe my problem/
I see on another tread that a 68 coronet the lock rod goes straight down from the knob to the door latch, the 6 charger is different as it has a swivel joint in it. Where that swivel bolts to the door is
whooping u on me, see picture above)

Auto Transport Service
Back