• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger exhaust tips - standard or heavy duty

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
What are you Charger guys using for exhaust tips? I have recently ordered a set of TTI headers along with their exhaust kit. I did not go with their tips because I want ones that look and mount like the originals. It looks like my choices are Accurate or Mancini. They both offer 2.5" standard($100.), or heavy duty($150.). Both made from 304 stainless. So my question is, are the hd's worth an extra $50? By the way, Accurate wants $40.80 to ship a set to me from CA which seems a little crazy in my opinion.

Year One offers a set https://www.yearone.com/Product/1966-74-a-b-e-body/ep12

PG Classic has exhaust tips for cheaper but I have no clue what the quality would be like. I'm looking to pick up a set of 3" Oval's for my RR and have been looking around too... The crappy thing is even with the discount codes it seems like the tips are always discount exempt

I ended up calling Accurate Exhaust to get the facts. The cheaper standard models (around $100.) that most people are selling come from overseas. The heavy duty ones (around $150.) that Accurate and Mancini sell are made here in the States. They are made with thicker 304 stainless (which would be comparable to the originals that our cars came with) and have better quality control than the cheaper versions. Accurate told me they sell about an equal amount of both versions. I ended up ordering the more expensive ones.

I ended up calling Accurate Exhaust to get the facts. The cheaper standard models (around $100.) that most people are selling come from overseas. The heavy duty ones (around $150.) that Accurate and Mancini sell are made here in the States. They are made with thicker 304 stainless (which would be comparable to the originals that our cars came with) and have better quality control than the cheaper versions. Accurate told me they sell about an equal amount of both versions. I ended up ordering the more expensive ones.

Good to know and thanks! I wonder what version Y1 would sell because they go for about 150.. I also saw TTI has them directly on there site for around the same... I figured PG's would be inferior quality

I would bet Y.O.'s are the cheaper version, because I was able to use the 30% off coupon when I checked them out on Veterans Day which brought them down to $105. The ones TTI sells are totally different in that they don't have the hanger welded to the tip, but instead rely on a hanger on the tailpipe. They also have "TTI" engraved on the sides of them. These 2 reasons are why I didn't go with them although they are said to be very well made. I wanted a stock looking setup. So what a lot of people are doing is to buy the TTI system, grind off the tailpipe hanger, and install Accurate tips. This is what I ordered and will post up the results in my resurrection thread when I can get it all installed.

Thanks H2E. Funny that you were able to apply the discount code at Year One and it won't let me. I've tried with several different codes. And thanks for the info on TTI's I had no idea they were engraved

Auto Transport Service
Back