• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger headlight door operation.

INTMD8

Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
Surely the cam equals less vacuum. Question is, should I expect/chase simultaneous operation or is this common?

Sorry has nothing to do with your question but what colour blue is your car? Looks really nice. I’m just in the middle of getting some metal work done on my 69 and it’s getting close to picking a colour and I’m not totally sure which one to go with. That’s a sweet blue though.

It's common. Vacuum is pulling against 50 year old diaphragms.

Check out the cost of going with electric actuators versus replacing the vacuum actuators.
I am installing electric actuators with the cam I have and the hoses and actuators are so old.

Pretty common. That's how mine operated back in the day. Are you running a vacuum can? That might help work as a accumulator for the vacuum.

I've often wondered if playing with the length of the vacuum lines would help make them move more in sync with each other. I would think the longer the hose, the longer it takes for them to react.

my '68 did that for the 18 years I had it.

Thanks guys, there is a vacuum can.

I thought about line length too but oddly enough the one with longer lines opens first.

50 year old hoses and actuators will have a couple of leaks some where.

If you also have power brakes, the reduced vacuum could affect the application.

I capped the vacuum hose for my lights, and my brakes work a lot better (or it felt so by pedal pressure needed).

Sorry has nothing to do with your question but what colour blue is your car? Looks really nice. I’m just in the middle of getting some metal work done on my 69 and it’s getting close to picking a colour and I’m not totally sure which one to go with. That’s a sweet blue though.

Sorry missed this. I'm told it's B7 blue, thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back