• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

`69 Charger headlight switch vacuum leak

junior340

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
I am reassembling a `69 that sat for a long time and while testing every function with the headlamps and doors and noticed that only in the off position there is a hissing noise and doors wont close after opening. I have not removed switch yet to look at it up close if cracked or.
Is this a common issue? Is it repairable? If a repairable that would be great.

Thanks

I am reassembling a `69 that sat for a long time and while testing every function with the headlamps and doors and noticed that only in the off position there is a hissing noise and doors wont close after opening. I have not removed switch yet to look at it up close if cracked or.
Is this a common issue? Is it repairable? If a repairable that would be great.

Thanks
Yes it is somewhat common, on my 68 I just used some jb weld to seal the crack. You may also have a loose connection at switch?

Yes it is somewhat common, on my 68 I just used some jb weld to seal the crack. You may also have a loose connection at switch?
Thank you for the reply. I am getting close to pulling switch out to inspect this week.

Auto Transport Service
Back