• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 charger pick it apart

Screenshot_20220215-195912_Facebook.jpg

Nice car. That close to original, I'd want a factory radiator and battery. I'm sure the Charger guys will chime in with much more info. I think it looks like a nice car

Ugly door mirrors
Shut lines on hood are off
Left corner of front bumper is turned up
Pentastar on passenger fender is mislocated (maybe)
Side marker light bezel under the R/T emblem is distorted.
I saw a car like this a long time ago in this color, but no vinyl top. Looks nice.

I'd drive it. Headliner sucks though.....

Dash pad colors don't match.
DeltaV is correct about side marker light.

At least it's not green.

Handsome.

That kind of money will get you a nice 2022 Challenger Scat Pack with shaker package and other goodies. Manual transmission of course.

That kind of money will get you a nice 2022 Challenger Scat Pack with shaker package and other goodies. Manual transmission of course.
I’ll take the 69! Nice car, color is good on it, always like it. I like it more with a white tail stripe. The alum radiators look bad in a stock car.

My bets are an up close inspection will tell the story. I see no mention of of fender tag, build sheet or numbers matching. Price most likely resembles the market value. With Chargers at a premium a 60k decent driver may be what its worth.

Is that a correct air cleaner for a 69? Asking because I'm not sure.

9653_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=A65okxQTu8EAX-4Txzz&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Never mind.. Well according to this its a 68 air cleaner.

1969 383 and 440 4-Barrel. Similar to '68 B-body except for difference in indent on front for A/C clearance. Also, the breather hose comes off the air cleaner body instead of the snorkel.
69_383ds_01t.jpg
69_383ds_02t.jpg

1968 383 and 440 dual snorkel for Dodge and Plymouth B and C-bodies. Note oval snorkels but small center cone. Will not accept pie-tins. Chryslers with the TNT and 383 HP engine option seem to use different air cleaner with longer snorkels and can take a pie tin.
68_383c_01t.jpg
68_383c_02t.jpg
68_383c_03t.jpg
68_383c_04t.jpg
68_383c_05t.jpg

_

Last edited:
My bets are an up close inspection will tell the story. I see no mention of of fender tag, build sheet or numbers matching. Price most likely resembles the market value. With Chargers at a premium a 60k decent driver may be what its worth.

Says numbers matching.

Is that a correct air cleaner for a 69? Asking because I'm not sure.

View attachment 1241030

Never mind.. Well according to this its a 68 air cleaner.

1969 383 and 440 4-Barrel. Similar to '68 B-body except for difference in indent on front for A/C clearance. Also, the breather hose comes off the air cleaner body instead of the snorkel.
View attachment 1241033 View attachment 1241034

1968 383 and 440 dual snorkel for Dodge and Plymouth B and C-bodies. Note oval snorkels but small center cone. Will not accept pie-tins. Chryslers with the TNT and 383 HP engine option seem to use different air cleaner with longer snorkels and can take a pie tin.
View attachment 1241035 View attachment 1241036 View attachment 1241037 View attachment 1241038 View attachment 1241039
_

My buddy's 69 R/T SE has the same air cleaner... His is an A/C car too... I'm thinking the A/C might get the silenced air cleaner...

My buddy's 69 R/T SE has the same air cleaner... His is an A/C car too... I'm thinking the A/C might get the silenced air cleaner...
If you check out the 2 I posted under my original question. It says there that the 1969 Dual snorkel had the pcv valve tube on the air cleaner itself. Says the 1968 had the tube on the snorkel. The one on the charger is on the snorkel. Or just maybe it was an early build and it was a left over 68 air cleaner... I'm not picking on the car as it is a damn nice car in my book.

An early build date may account for the air cleaner, I agree with BeepBeepRR above. My car has AC and the unsilenced air cleaner, SPD is 212. Color looks like T7, looks better in real life vs pictures like alot in that hue.

Looks like they missed on the leather insert seats, as a SE should have. Has the pedal trim and woodgrain, so the SE appears legit. I'd still check the numbers closely.

Last edited:
Gorgeous. It'll sell - if it hasn't already.

Ive never seen a R/T charger with that type.think they would of done a better job at restoring the heater controls

That’s what I was thinking. It’s a beautiful car, they are asking real money for it, and they can’t be bothered to get better heater controls, a better radio bezel, and fix the headliner? All of which is relatively simple fixes. Half assed stuff always makes me suspicious as to what else is half assed.

My 69 Charger had the same colored interior and same colored alligator V. top except the exterior was bronze.. I am starting to like oddball colors more since most all look the same at shows..

Auto Transport Service
Back