• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger trunk dimensions needed

mopar4don

Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
I think my tail panel may be out of position as the bumper bracket holes don't line up. If I could get a dimension along the trunk lock support, from the floor to the high point of the tail panel that would help! I am getting 13-1/4
Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS

20211224_140341.jpg

20211224_140434.jpg

20211224_140355.jpg

I'm about to take my baby out, if all goes well, and I'll measure for you if you haven't heard back from someone sooner!
MERRY MOPAR CHRISTMAS!

I'm about to take my baby out, if all goes well, and I'll measure for you if you haven't heard back from someone sooner!
MERRY MOPAR CHRISTMAS!
Thanks. Maybe a few pics looking along the rear bumper. Interested in how the bumper is positioned. I think it gets even gaps when looking at it from the side of the car

Thanks. Maybe a few pics looking along the rear bumper. Interested in how the bumper is positioned. I think it gets even gaps when looking at it from the side of the car[/QUOTE

I've got plenty of pics but uploading lately has been a pain in the ***. I'll give it a try.

Will NOT upload! I've tried two browsers and niether worked. :mad:

I've got 15 1/2". Hope that helps!
I got 13 1/4 and you got 15 1/2? Ok we must not be measuring to the same spot. The floor ramps up to a common level that goes all the way across. Thats where I am measuring to

upload_2021-12-24_21-8-16.jpeg

Hard to get like yours with the taillight cover in place. The end of the tape is in front of the latch bracket, on a good angle.

is it possible to bolt your deck lid on? if so, adjust it and close it so it's even with the top of the quarters ....... the deck lid will tell you everything you need to know

is it possible to bolt your deck lid on? if so, adjust it and close it so it's even with the top of the quarters ....... the deck lid will tell you everything you need to know
Thanks eldubb, I have had the deck lid on and it is all good. Matches the quarters with good gaps. My problem is when I put the bumper support brackets up the holes don't line up. If I could lift the tail panel 1/4 to 3/8 then I could get a bolt through. I also put the bumper on with the bumperetts and I have about that same 1\4 to 3\8 gap. This is another indication that I have the tailpanel out of position. That's why I thought a dimension from the floor to the high point of the tail panel would tell me for sure. But I understand that some have that cover on. Maybe someone doesn't have that cover on and can get me that dimension

upload_2021-12-25_10-53-19.jpeg

Merry Christmas Don. Unbolted the cover. Big glob of sealer at the latch bracket bottom, but the end is close to the left taillight. Within a 1/2" of yours maybe.

View attachment 1212858

Merry Christmas Don. Unbolted the cover. Big glob of sealer at the latch bracket bottom, but the end is close to the left taillight. Within a 1/2" of yours maybe.
Merry Christmas.
Is your car original? And thank you so much for the extra effort. So you measured down to that ledge that goes across the back?

Actually, I have a car I can measure, if just for my own curiosity, that is still a shell. Sorry I didn't think of it yesterday. I have to move 4 cars to get my 69 out so a lot to do yesterday.

Is your car original? And thank you so much for the extra effort. So you measured down to that ledge that goes across the back?

Yes, I'm the 2nd owner. Never hit. I saw the flat section you mentioned when I took the cover off.

Actually, I have a car I can measure, if just for my own curiosity, that is still a shell. Sorry I didn't think of it yesterday. I have to move 4 cars to get my 69 out so a lot to do yesterday.
No problem. I am just thankful for those who want to help. I am pretty sure I am off. I just have to figure out how to fix this. As I see it I have two options. (A) cut it loose and move it up that 1/2. I really don't want to do this but....... (B) live with my mistake and bend the bumperetts so it will bolt up. But the bumperetts are contacting the lower valance so that might be a chore.

No problem. I am just thankful for those who want to help. I am pretty sure I am off. I just have to figure out how to fix this. As I see it I have two options. (A) cut it loose and move it up that 1/2. I really don't want to do this but....... (B) live with my mistake and bend the bumperetts so it will bolt up. But the bumperetts are contacting the lower valance so that might be a chore.

Sorry I can't upload my photos - really irritating. Probably has something to do with updates......:soapbox:

By the way, my shell was done by AMD Installations so it should be pretty darn accurate.

I'll also consult my friend who is a restoration guy - a REALLY good restoration guy.

Auto Transport Service
Back