• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

BigBlock61

Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
Hello, just wanted to let people here see what I just purchased on 02/16/13. It's a 1969 Dodge Coronet 440. I found it on Craigslist. It had been there on and off for about 6 months. My son has been wanting to do a project car for a few years now and has craigslist open on his laptop all the time. It took me awhile to get a hold of the seller. From what he told me he's extremely busy. Well the two of us finally were able to work out the details and I went to pick up the car. The car was disassembled but mostly all there. There are no seats or keys. It's rusted out in all the normal places for a car in Michigan but the frame is in good shape. It came with a 318 auto that's in the car and a 383 with a 4 speed if I want to go that route. I have a 440 that will find it' way into this project and I may put the 4 speed behind it. I'm still not sure on the trans choice yet. Having no interior I can put in anything I want. Still not sure on that either. Here are a few pics that I took when I bought it. Speaking of when I bought it. Towing it home there was a sudden whiteout condition when there were only supposed to be scattered flurries and a 30 car pileup on the freeway that I got caught behind. The whole way home I just keep saying "Dont hit the Coronet, Dont hit the Coronet!" I made it home intact and managed to slide the car into the driveway. Coronet.jpgCoronet Side 02_16_2013.jpgErik&Me polishing.jpgWe have been polishing all the Aluminum parts and going through what's there and what needs to be replaced.

Coronet.jpg Coronet Side 02_16_2013.jpg Erik&Me polishing.jpg

Yeah, but just think about the insurance claim.....

"The SOB hit me so hard, it blew the fenders off the car "

Congrats on the find and IMHO, a 4spd ups the cool factor exponentially.

Congrats on the purchase. looks like a fun project. glad u made it home safely.

very nice ..one of the nicest B-bodies ..enjoy your project ..is it going to stay a Coronet ?

Looks like a great father - son project. Keep posting pictures along the way.

"The SOB hit me so hard, it blew the fenders off the car "

Geezis Pete...LOL

Cool father/son project..........You guys have fun with her. Looking forward to seeing the Dodge make it back to the road.

It does look like a good father/son project. Old school meets young guns.

very nice ..one of the nicest B-bodies ..enjoy your project ..is it going to stay a Coronet ?

Right now I'm on the fence on leaving it a Coronet or a Super Bee clone. I just hung up with a local guy who has all 4 white interior door panels for the car, So I'm going to buy them this afternoon. He also has a white stripe kit new in box as well as the front and back emblems for a Super Bee. He also seems to have all the small interior pieces that I need as well. So I guess, stay tuned, more to come. :)

:sSig_hihihi::sSig_welcometoourcl:hatwave:

I have to admit that after looking around this forum a bit I'm getting a little garage envy. All the pics that I see are of nice well lit, spacious, and fully equipped garages/buildings. I'm doing this in a dark 1 car garage. Oh well I guess We work with what we have. Going outside to hug my Mopar now and tell it everything's going to be ok. :p

welcome to the site! great project, enjoy your time together. my road runner came from Sterling Hts. surprisingly clean, especially for a rust belt car. the really only bad area was the quarters.
and don;t let these guys fool you, we don't all have a ginormous garage...I sure don't!

I downsized from a 4 stall garage to a 1 stall. Whatta ya gonna do, you change and adapt.

Welcome aboard the forum, Hope you guys will have fun with the restore of it, Good to hear after all that went on you made it safely! Good luck and please, update us nuts who enjoy watching the old classics coming back to there former beauty!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I downsized from a 4 stall garage to a 1 stall. Whatta ya gonna do, you change and adapt.

Aint that the truth!!! :) 18-20 here, but better then the old maple tree hear that was called a garage 25 years ago, One thing about that one though, the roof GREW bigger in it lol.. :)

Well it looks like the interior of the Coronet is going to be done in white. I picked these interior panals up the other day for $50.00. They're a little dusty but in great shape. he threw in the 2 armrests and the molding.Door Panels.jpg

Door Panels.jpg

White interior, cool. That goes good with any outside color.

Auto Transport Service
Back