• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet Core support help....need hardware

Mocajava

Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Just got my Cold Case radiator and fans so I drop it in to do a test fit. OOps, on passenger side the nuts for bolting up radiator that are mounted in the core support are missing! the symmetrical square hole if there and pristine....just no nut. Driver side has the nuts imbedded in the core support but nothing on passenger side. I know they were there when I disassembled car, it was a runner and all was in place. Does anyone have these two nuts that I could purchase or know who might sell them? I looked thru the Classic Industries bible but no luck and really didn't want to try and cobble something together. Would gladly purchase if someone had two I could get! Thanks FBBO members

Just got my Cold Case radiator and fans so I drop it in to do a test fit. OOps, on passenger side the nuts for bolting up radiator that are mounted in the core support are missing! the symmetrical square hole if there and pristine....just no nut. Driver side has the nuts imbedded in the core support but nothing on passenger side. I know they were there when I disassembled car, it was a runner and all was in place. Does anyone have these two nuts that I could purchase or know who might sell them? I looked thru the Classic Industries bible but no luck and really didn't want to try and cobble something together. Would gladly purchase if someone had two I could get! Thanks FBBO members
Seen them on ebay. Don't know if these are them? not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-pcs-NOS...vedere&hash=item1ee9e6362c:g:62cAAOSwYwFbkw15

I may have two of them in my parts boxes. Are these the ones that are suppose to be permanent ?

Those are listed as 5/16" and the two remaining ones in the core support are 1/4". I do want to thank you for looking and giving me a name of what they are called! I will check ebay for the right size....hoping they will fit the hole if have.

I think they are meant to be permanent but struggling for a solution at present. As I said, the square holes are pristine, not as if they were struck and dislodged. I really don't know how they were inserted or knocked out without surrounding damage? Maybe they are a type of cage nut? The hole is .420" X .500" and the "nut" is .400" X .500" with a shoulder of .720 X .500" on the back side and about 5/16" thick. Obviously the "nut " has an over sized shoulder on the back side so it is not pulled through when the radiator is bolted up. If anyone has these I would gladly buy them!

Hmmmm, I thought those were welded on. I'll have to check mine.

Not sure what holds these nuts in place unless it is a press fit. The radiator bolted in would make them permanent with that over sized shoulder on back. I did look at amazon which has the cage nuts. I may just fabricate a piece to fit, drill and tap it and tack it in place. I have paint to match and can camouflage it if needed. Would rather find the correct pieces and use them....may search bone yards and dealers before I make any rash moves. Still looking for the solution.

Here are the two I have. I cant remember if the came from the core support or inner fenders...
1551284659484-1377272182.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back