• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet hood scoops and where do I put them?

Mocajava

Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
My 69 Coronet goes to paint in about a month to 6 weeks. I have the power bulge hood and a stock Coronet hood that I wanted to mount the twin scoops on. For a little more money I can get the second hood painted also and swap between the two. How can I find a layout pattern so that I can get the twin scoops laid out correctly? I would love to have the option of running either as both look good in different ways. Went through the search mode but came up with nothing. Thanks gents in advance.

Thank you sir! I did look at both and have asked year one which one is correct. I also asked if there is a gasket of some kind that goes between hood and scoop....does your Bee have a gasket/pad to keep from damaging the paint? Thanks for your help BLK 68 RT.

There is no gasket under the scoops. I thought the bracing on the underside of the n96 hoods and regular hoods were different. Which would make it difficult for modification. Someone correct me if I'm wrong or before Mocajava spends money when he doesn't need to.

Thank you sir! I did look at both and have asked year one which one is correct. I also asked if there is a gasket of some kind that goes between hood and scoop....does your Bee have a gasket/pad to keep from damaging the paint? Thanks for your help BLK 68 RT.

There is no gasket under the scoops. I thought the bracing on the underside of the n96 hoods and regular hoods were different. Which would make it difficult for modification. Someone correct me if I'm wrong or before Mocajava spends money when he doesn't need to.

Unfortunately I don't have a car to look at to tell you about gaskets. As for the under hood bracing I don't think there is a difference in the 69 fresh air vs non or the 70 fresh air vs non fresh air hoods.

Last edited:
I bought my hood already cut and drilled. Here's a photo:

01-$_57.JPG02-2$_57.JPG03-3$_57.JPG04-4$_57.JPG05-5$_57.JPG06-6$_57.JPG07-7$_57.JPG08-8$_57.JPG09-9$_57.JPG10-10$_57.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back