• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet Super Interior Design Re-do project!! Help!

Colt45

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
ive got this 69 bee my father and I worked on when I was a kid. Did all the engine work with him, but he has passed now and we never finished the interior, we bought it and the body is no rust great condition but the interior was gutted and stripped because we bought it from people who were drag racing it. My dad had some idea to re design the interior in it and incorporate diamond plate somehow, I don’t know exactly how, but I need some help figuring it out to make it look car show worthy so I can take it to shows and honor my old man. I’m thinking I want to maybe do the floor boards diamond plate and make trim for door panels and somehow trim or accents for the dash. Open to ideas, suggestions, advice, please and thanks!

90D0FED1-065B-4D14-B11A-159B22918905.jpeg 20515A32-DF91-48A8-87BA-1D4CF60924AE.jpeg 285034CC-8A2B-4028-A456-17E1A0C50505.jpeg

That is way to nice of a car to take it into the Fast and Furious style. If it were mine there is nothing wrong with the stock look. But hell in the end its yours and that's all that matters.

It will get the same amount of looks stock as it would with custom stuff. I see stuff at car shows that are all wacked out I pass by them to look at the classic stuff. There again that's just me. To each his own.

Just remember it only takes one bad decision and then you are this guy.
EBMvJy0XUAEpiCs.jpg

Last edited:
welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

I say "build it your way"

use what ever parts or styles, that you deem necessary

it's cool you are honoring your dad as part of the build style too

it's yours now, build it how ever it makes you feel good
stock or totally tricked out/custom

your opinion is all that matters
until it's someone else's money paying for it, make it yours

who cares, what others think,
they ain't paying for it or got any sweat in the game

enjoy it
, that's what's important
most of US won't judge you for it, we may comment,
but it's just constructive criticisms usually

good luck

I would probably get some used but worn woodgrain dash pieces,clean them up nice and go to a vinyl decal place and have some nice black diamond plate designed.Take your time and affix them on your pieces and install.Then do the same with the woodgrain door pieces front and back. If it has a floor console do it there also. That is all. You or anyone down the road can replace them easily and it doesn't cut up or put holes in anything.
If done properly,it should look pretty good. Real diamond plate would be tricky to do tastefully unless your a pro with sheetmetal tools and a good eye.

Welcome from the show me state!!

Build it your way !!! Just remember a mopar classic muscle car stand above the others and that's a fact, do something you don't regret in the future, don't do anything tacky, this is a hobby, and keep it your way.
Btw BIENVENIDO DESDE MÉXICO :drinks:

Now, this guy , well, dont follow his advice :lol:
where are you? :poke: @Richard Cranium

If its a console car and you want to incorporate diamond plate aluminum. One small place would be to replace the wood grain on the console with thin aluminum diamond plate would work well there. Not sure I would do the floors but smaller parts would be less noticeable but still pay respects to Pops wishes. My dad put stacks on every truck he drove.. chevy, ford hell even a dodge A-100 with a slant 6 He split the manifold and ran duals out for the stacks.. But would I do that? Not sure I would. However his other trademark was a MACK bulldog. I would do that as a shifter handle or some other place where its not an eyesore but every time I look at it I think of Pops..

Auto Transport Service
Back