• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 coronet wheels

David butler

Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 coronet and I am wanting to run 20x10 torque thrust on rear and 20x8 on the front. They only make the rear with 5.75" backspace and 4.25" on the front. I was planning on running a 275/40 on rear and a 245/40 or 245/35 on front. This is my first Mopar and I do not have any experience with what will fit or if I should go 18 on the front. I am familiar with Chevrolet I have checked and it looks like they will fit but 5-5.5 on rear would be more idea. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Also, pics of cars with these wheel or sizes would be appreciated too.

Thanks
David

When I picked the wheels for my Charger, I mounted a wheel then took a tape measure to see where I could go wider. I had a 17x8 bare wheel and found that I could shift the backspace a little, add width to the outside, etc.
Some guys try to fit the absolute widest wheel and tire that fits. Trouble is, these cars were fitted with some pretty skinny tires when new. Then we want to put wider tires to fill that gap. Sometimes we find that the axle isn't perfectly centered in the car. A 10" wheel fits and clears on one side but rubs on the other side! This could be either from sloppy factory tolerances when the car was built or from 40+ years of abuse!
Measure every corner. Order wheels that fit the corner with the least amount of room so that the wheels can fit anywhere.
My 70 Charger was never wrecked. Originally a 318 car so it wasn't street raced. I have 18x10 wheels in the back that clear everything. The 295-45-18 tires do hit the wheel tubs on occasion.

GK 2.JPG

I am running 18x8 (4.5" BS) and 18x9.5 (5.03" BS) with 245/45 front 295/45 rear, the car is mini tubbed but currently have a stock width housing in place. Everything clears nicely
20160810_183220.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back