• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Dodge Charger color opinions

69 Dodge Charger color opinions

• Total voters

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Thought I would start a poll to get opinions on the paint for my project car from the B-body crowd. I am down to 2. Triple black with a white rump stripe, or Coppersunset - copperhead pearl with a black vinyl top and either a white or black rump stripe. The interior will be black, wheels probably Cragar SS with white letter tires.

dupont hothue coppersunset.JPGdupont hot hues coppersunset.jpgimages.jpg1969_dodge_charger-pic-15884.jpg

That copper sunset color looks killer. Don't see too many in that color either. All black looks pretty good but only for a few years and tough to maintain.

Who's car is that first photo?

That copper sunset color looks killer. Don't see too many in that color either. All black looks pretty good but only for a few years and tough to maintain.

XS2 .. the top pic just looks badass. the black looks so plain in comparison. I would go with a wheel that has a dark center and chrome lip of some kind , but that's just me

Both are nice colors, hard choice. The copper is a nice contrast to the black roof and black tail stripes. However the triple black looks great with white stripes............

Had a triple-black Charger years ago with the white stripe. I voted for the copper/black combo.

Who's car is that first photo?

Not sure who's car the 68 is. I think I found it on the dodgecharger.com forum

Mine is the original color - MM1 turbine bronze metallic with black vinyl roof, black interior and black stripe. Looks very framiliar.
But triple black is nice too.

copper W/ white and white

That would look good also, but my interior is black for sure. I sold all the original green and have boughten everything in black.

It was a tough choice but I voted coppersunset/black stripe. Somebody on here had posted a photo of that color or one close to it on a 69RR and I thought my next car would have that color.

One other thing to consider - although I voted for the copper with white stripe, if you do go black with white stripe, what about going satin black instead of gloss black? Is satin any easier to keep looking nice, or more difficult? I just saw a satin black charger photo the other day and it looked killer.

One other thing to consider - although I voted for the copper with white stripe, if you do go black with white stripe, what about going satin black instead of gloss black? Is satin any easier to keep looking nice, or more difficult? I just saw a satin black charger photo the other day and it looked killer.

I think the satin black is ok on the older hot rods, but it just doesn't do it for me on our B-bodies.

I voted for the copper with black top and stripe. My brothers '70 Bee is (or was)burnt orange with black gator grain roof and black C-stripes. Great color combo in my book. Won't be parking next to another one at a show, like black.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109250&stc=1&d=1364419621Both colors will look great but a Black Charger will likely not get the attention a Coppersunset will, not putting Black down it's just Black and Red are probably the most common colors so you have to ask yourself do you dare to be different. I voted Coppersunset hands down. It will look great regardless but I really like what Prop did with his RR, I think black with the flat black looks awesome.

That copper is really nice but nothing like a Black charger. Just plain mean. It says get the .... out of my way

You've put too much effort into that Charger to have it painted black. Copper, black top, black stripe gets my vote. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

PS. If you have to go with black, a red butt stripe looks better than white, imho.

Auto Transport Service
Back