• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX electric window wiring, switches

Tezza69GTX

Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
happy new year guys. Trying to figure out my windows, have wiring loom which looks to be cut off at the front kick panel, all there apart from that but the ends that go onto the switches are just loops. Do they have some sort of plug that fits the back of the switch? Or are there new types that are better ( have no front switches ) , have nothing to compare with, loom was in a box in the boot!! Cheers Terry

66-69 switches are all the same. If the harnesses are complete the switches will just snap into the door ends.

Sorry, forgot a pic

image.jpeg

Thanks Jerry, guess I will be looking for a complete loom and switch set!!

That harness will need some work.

Yeah, I guess so, will be getting a toggle switch until some genius tells me where the end of the rainbow is!!

Thanks Jerry, guess I will be looking for a complete loom and switch set!!
I have a complete set of rebuilt switches, but have not thought about selling them. Everything revolves around the 4 gang switch in the driver's door being wired correctly. Not that the other 3 don't have to be correct also, but it does allow you to be able to test things. If that harness was cut off in the kick panel then all that is missing is a hot wire through a 50 amp circuit breaker either in the kick panel or on the back of the cluster. Mine had both, so I used both. Sort of a double safety.

Yup, as Jerry stated 68 & earlier is different 69 & up is the break pff point...

There is supposed to be a plastic connector shell that separates the wires & holds them in position to plug into the switches...

Sounds like you need to take a hard look at your entire harness, you said it's cut but the picture you posted looks like it's just missing the connector shell... The drivers door connector is bigger probably 36mm x 90mm since all the windows are controlled by that switch... The other three are probably 32mm x 36mm

No front switches, how about rear switches? The rear switches are the same as the RF switch... Motors & regulators all in place?

The round terminals are correct, they are held in a plastic connector that pushes onto the back of the switches.
The door panels should have a metal cup that the switch pops into.

Pictures...

Correct 69 & up Master Switch front view
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 11.11.32 PM.png

Rear view
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 11.13.38 PM.png

Metal Cup
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 11.12.01 PM.png

Connector shell
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 11.12.25 PM.png

Single switch
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 11.11.45 PM.png

Cup
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 11.12.10 PM.png

Thanks guys, info much appreciated, looks like I am missing the plastic connection pieces and the clips. I only have two single switches and the harness, I have had all the motors out and apart etc, they all work fine now, also tested the wires from the drivers end and they all work their respective Windows ( with birds nests of wires and small alligator clips) . Will see if I can find the bits I need now I think I know what I'm looking for Cheers

What a great idea!! Am sure someone knows something, if I had a set of shells I think I could find someone to do it.

Yeah, it does seem like a perfect project for a 3D printer..

Auto Transport Service
Back