• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX Ignition light

RBcoolB

Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
have a 69 gtx with an AO1 light package, trying to figure out where the ignition light feeds from. I have the bulb holder with about a 3 inch yellow with black strip wire and male spade terminal it plugs into a female terminal with about 7 inches of yellow black strip wire and then is cut. I can not find the other end in the wire harness any where. I've looked in the service manual wire diagrams and can not find one showing the ignition light wire. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Ok, you need, I think, the time delay relay harness. The time delay powers the light for 20 or whatever-seconds it's on. It's a small can-looking thing w two terminals. The single yellow wire that is cut is part of that.

As noted above.....look for pink wires.....runs from the fuse block to the cluster side......

yea there are a couple of cut pink wires, I'm sure one goes to glove box light didn't know where the other one went. So its a single pink feeding the time delay box and yellow out to ignition light correct. You wouldn't have a picture of the time delay box or are they available some where. And do you know where it mounts. This car was taken apart years ago by someone who then over time lost a lot of parts so not sure if I have the time delay laying around in a box or not. I picked this car up several years ago and have been finding parts for it to put it back together as I think this is a good one to save. As I stated at the top its a 69 gtx 440 4 speed air grabber super track pack convertible. I'm hoping to have it done for MCACN next fall. Thanks moparnation74 for the build thread you did on yours, we looked the car over a lot this fall at MCACN Beautiful job

The time delay is not a box....it is a small aluminum cylinder with two prongs. Has a plug similar to your flasher.

I am not on my home computer so I am unable to provide pics. Off the top of my head I don’t know the two colored wires for the delay plug.....

It looks like this
s-l225.jpg

Oh- watch out for the pink wire to the glove box light. It is 12v hot, the light assembly makes ground to complete the circuit.

Thanks for all the help guys it fell in place for me when I saw the pic. of time delay cylinder with three terminals. I realized some one had cut the long yellow wire in the main harness that runs to the right door dome light switch. I was confused because my map light has a long yellow wire with a male bullet end that plugs in to door switch and a short female pig tail. I now know the yellow out of the main harness needs to run down and plug in to the female pig tail of the map light harness by the right door switch. So then the yellow ground runs back up the map light harness to the ground side of map light switch and joins up with a pink hot wire that's wrap together for a ways where they cut the end off, and I was thinking that yellow was suppose to connect to that short yellow in main harness but now know that the map light pink and yellow are the hot and ground for that time delay and the third terminal goes to ignition light. Now just one more question this car has a center counsel so on the left side there is a pink and yellow to feed the rear quarter interior lights and the center counsel has a yellow male bullet to go in left door switch with a pig tail to plug in to the main harness but I'm short a pink. I'm thinking that the pink in the map light harness that plugs in to time delay continues on to the left side to feed the center counsel its ether that or they ran a single pink from the fuse box all the way to the left side. can some one confirm which it is. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back